Thursday, September 4, 2008

Elite Media: Suck A Fart Out of My Ass!

Ok so like everyone else I am very sick and tired hearing about the new Vice President candidate Palin and this issue with vetting. Every single "news" source that I watch or see on the internet has been ripping Governor Palin, for her daughters teenage pregnancy. First of all I would like to start out saying that NBC, CNBC, and ABC cannot even considered to be news sources from me anymore. The elite media in this country have shown such an incredible liberal bias that I decided to start getting my news from the onion. To think they actually call that journalism, is laughable. How about bringing us the facts on both sides so the American Public can make an educated decision instead of tearing apart the life of this 17 year old girl. I believe in fact that the good Senator was born from a teenage mother. Does that make him unfit to run this country?

It seems to me that Senator Obama has links to drug usage (Crack Rock), Louis Farrakhan, and an anti-Semite minister. Now I don't know any of those to be true, but he has definately been linked to all of them. Yet I don't recall hearing boo from the media about questions of his morality? Now we have this Right Wing Conservative VP nomination who's daughter got pregnant with her boyfriend who she is planning on marrying and red flags should be going up everywhere? Are you kidding me? Why is it that an Evangelical Right Wing Politician is held to such a different standard by our media? Why is it that morally she is unfit to be VP when moral questions on the other side get swept under the rug. Hell I even heard that since Palin has 5 kids that she shouldn't be on a rigorous campaign trail. Huh? Feminists where the fuck are you now??? Oh yeah that's right you are keeping your mouth shut too because you believe Senator Obama is better for your cause. I have never heard that question raised with a female politician and quite frankly I hope I never hear it again. Let me pose this question. Who the fuck is raising the good Senators children for the last two years while he and his wife have been on the campaign trail? I am guessing that the liberal media thought that because this girl had a baby out of wedlock they could stick it the evangelists and really bury McCain. However they couldn't be further from the truth. The conservative right couldn't be further behind this nomination. How could you not like this woman? I think she is a perfect fit for Senator McCain, this country, and the Republican party. She exemplifies what being a parent in this country is all about. She admits that her family has had it ups and downs, but she stands behind her family 100% with full support. To question her morally is something I agree the media should do. However how about questioning each candidates equally.

I haven't made my mind up who I am voting for in November, but I do know that I will not be listening to a single thing the elite media spews until then. There complete bias towards the liberals is a slap in the face to journalism. The news should be given to us as unbiased as possible so we as able minded human beings can make our own decisions. All I can say to everyone voting, lets hold these candidates to the same moral standards we hold ourselves to and please lets get rid of this double standard that the media insists on showing. There complete bias towards the liberals is a slap in the face to journalism. Sorry about this political rant, they will be few and far between I promise.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you never watched the "news channels" of just forgot, Barack Obama got nailed every day on the "news channels" for his association with rev. Write about 2 months ago and the reason was he was doing something he shouldn't be doing winning in the primaries over Hillary Clinton. No one new who he was so the "news channels" digged up every little thing about him. Now, Big Taste, did you or anyone for that matter know who the %@#^ Sara Palin was one week ago? The answer is NO. And will anyone give a %#$# once the vice presidential debate is over? The answer is %#$@ NO.

Now you bring up some "news channels" in your rant. But noticeably absent is "Fox News" and "MSNBC" the most right and left winged "news channels" out there. If you want to call it liberal bias you can, but the bottom line is that's what the american people want. These "news channels" arn't interested in the news there interested in the all mighty dollar, if there was'nt an audience for these "news channels" you would'nt see them on TV.

You did get one thing right I thought, that "news channels" are no place to find news, maybe some comedy, but definitely not news.

You should watch c-span they broadcast the whole convention, every speaker, with no commentary.

CC

Big Tasty said...

Great post and you made some really good points. I apologize because my rant doesnt show the whole side of the story just got a little fed up in the past week. I agree with you Obama did get nailed when Rev White was brought up. However you cannot say the same about his admitted drug use and his connection with one of the most racists men this world has ever seen in Farrakahn. I also agree that Palin is only taking this abuse now because she is unknown.

I think the reason I didnt list the news outlets that have a bias is because there is so many of them. CNBC is so liberal, Fox so conservative. I occasionally will read the editorial at Journal Sentinal or the NY Times and wow they are as bad as the TV outlets. It is just hard to stomach sometimes. The candidates dont help very much because they will just say what is politicaly correct and very rarely take a hard line on there policies or platforms.

Your point on the audiences is a very good one that I never really thought of. The news outlet remain so heavily biased because thats what the people want. I think that very well could be the case but man does it make me sick. The talking heads are fucking terrible. I thought Howie, Terry, and JB were bad. Well I guess some people want to get spoon fed on where there heart lies on sensitive issues, I guess I am just not one of them.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm tired of it, too, but I think you're reading it wrong. Nobody is saying she's a bad person or her daughter is a bad person because the daughter got pregnant. Obama's response was appropriate, "To me, in the campaign, family is off limits, and kids are way, way off limits." Unfortunately, he was wrong. They aren't off limits. Ask Jimmy Carter's brother, Clinton's brother, Chelsea Clinton, the Bush daughters, etc. You put your family in the spotlight, you use them as political capital to look like a "family values" douchebag, and they are going to take a beating when they fuck up, just don't look all that attractive in public, flunk an exam in college, or get drunk like all other kids do. Of course, you have a choice of whether to do this, so that raises the real question.


The thing that most are questioning, including myself, about McCain's and Palin's decision-making is why the fuck do you do this to your 17 year-old daughter?

Sorry, honey, I know you're going through a difficult time and there's a lot of judgment out there, but I'm going to join a national campaign right now, knowing that your private situation is going to be discussed on every channel in every city in America. By the way, as you're going through this, I'm going to bail on you to go on a national campaign tour 24 hours a day for the next 10 weeks and, if we win, I'll be living 8,000 miles away for the next 4 years.

You see, I'm all of 42 years old. I only have another 20 or 30 years to be in the spotlight, so Mommy comes first. Still, that won't stop me from playing the down home "hockey mom" to further my image.

But, fuck it, she fishes, shoots guns, kills stuff and likes drilling for oil in National Parks and cutting taxes on the wealthy, so the 99% white and 100% rich delegates at the convention are creaming themselves over her. She delivered the nastiest attack speech of this campaign, and the right who are crying like hell about media abuse think it was the greatest thing ever.

Give me a fuckin' break. Of the 4 people on the two tickets, not one of them is worth a shit. McCain can pretend to be a maverick and Palin a newcomer, but both are sell-out to the wealthy and powerful. Obama can claim to be a reformer, but he's a sell out to the labor movement - bad, bad policies that will harm our economy are on his platfom because labor pays for it. Biden - what the fuck did Joe Biden ever do?

The whole process is a joke and a sham, so it's not suprising that the media coverage of it blows.

Big Tasty said...

TK. I have to say you may have took comment of the year with that rant response! I agree with you for the most part. It reminds me of the South Park episode when they have the election for class mascot a giant douche and a turd sandwich. I will agree pretty much what you said about these candidates selling out once they get into office. The problem is our 2 party system. The candidates have to make so many concessions to get the support they need, they forget what they stood for in the first place.

Anonymous said...

I'd have to agree with your post, Big Tasty. I feel as though the "news" is no longer the news. I admit that not knowing a lot about politics in the first place is my own fault; however, I would like to know that I can trust the news for giving me the facts without bias. Being a journalism minor, I was told to be a journalist, that would be your duty. However, my major taught me that every News source has someone to answer to, their boss, the man/woman/company that owns that news channel; therefore, they are biased to what their superior believes. Whether it be in what they present to you or what they do not present to you. What's sad is that, because of all of this, I end up getting my information from my mother. While, I share many of political beleifs, I am also well aware that what she is giving me is skewed to what she believes. Either way, Senator McCain's wife, Cindy, looked totally ferosh at the RNC. Love her look!