Monday, June 21, 2010

Anderson Silva Learns From the Best

I have always thought Stevan Seagall was phony in every way, but still very cool none the less playing a complete badass. After watching his television show, and seeing this clip of him training one of the MMA's most dangerous men, Anderson Silva, I have come to the realization that Seagal is the real deal. I mean he is still one of the most ridiculous actors out there, and I really think his music is about as bad as I have ever heard, but if Anderson "Spider" Silva brings you in to give him fighting tips, then you are completely and totally bad ass. What I wouldn't give to have him rolling in my crew.

3 comments:

Timmay said...

I used to work with a guy that was a black belt in something Asian and he used to provide unsolicited comments on movie martial arts people.

For example, I remember him saying that Van Damme was pretty impressive with his kicks, but that for the purposes of the movie and allowing the audience to follow the action, all of his moves were telegraphed. For example, when he would go into a reverse roundhouse kick in a slo mo shot, he would start by turning his shoulders to the opposite direction to "coil" before spinning back the other direction for the kick. This annoying MA douchebag was saying that you wouldn't really do that in a fight because it would tip off the opponent what you were about to do. He was basically saying that Van Damme's abilities were legit, but that they took some creative license in the fighting to make it more dramatic.

He also felt strongly that Bruce Lee could hold his fist just 2 inches from my head and kill me dead with a 2-inch punch.

On Seagal, this annoying MA douchebag was very adamant that Seagal was completely badass with his hands. Quick, strong and had a ridiculous array of moves and holds to counter any attack and subdue the opponent with his hands. Nothing special about his kicking, but that Seagall was wicked and humiliating with his hands.

For what it's worth.

Big Tasty said...

TK,

Thank you for that account. I no longer doubt for a second that Seagal is as lethal as he often pretends to be. I really love his submission skills and arm breaking ability.

Never been that impressed with Jean Claude, maybe it is that French Canadian in him. It would be fun to see those two matched up in a MMA contest, i would pay $59 to watch that in HD.

McGarnagle said...

Well a 7th degree Black Belt in any martial art probably means you are one nasty human being..