Tuesday, December 26, 2006

10 Things to do

With the new year right around the corner I have been thinking about possible things that I should strive for in 07'. Goals if you will. This got me thinking of what I would like to accomplish for the rest of my life and I think this is a pretty good list. I guess the way I am looking at this is if I manage to do these ten things I will be able to die a happy man.

#10 Travel to over half of the continents. I would have said all but I don't think that will be realistic and who wants to travel to Antarctica. I guess I would have say my choices for three besides North America would be South America, Europe, and Africa.

# 9 Complete one physical accomplishment. I would say that I used to be in much better physical condition than I am now. So I would really like to accomplish one physical milestone. For instance a marathon, a whole-in-one, bench press 300 lbs, dunk a basketball, climb a mountain etc.

# 8 Change someones life forever. I know this hard to know if you ever did but if I think that I did do this (and I mean in a positive way). I will also say it cannot be my own children or family because I probably have done that LOL. I want someone to think of me and say "wow Big Tasty really changed my life for the better"

# 7 Conquer my fear of heights. Now this is a strange fear because I love roller coasters and airplanes, but you put me on a ten foot ladder and you can see a pool of my urine under me. I don't know if I am willing to bungee jump but that just may do the trick.

# 6 Retire by 55 with enough money to live comfortable. 30 years at a profession is long enough. I want to have enough time to enjoy a long retirement and not worry about when my imaginary social security check is going to show up.

# 5 Be able to sing a karaoke song and get a big ovation. I do not get embarrassed, but I also cannot sing a lick. So as much as I would love to get on stage an wow an audience with an awesome rendition of some classic song this seems utterly impossible to me. SO i guess first muster up the courage to do karaoke (I have never even tried) get good enough at one song to impress.

#4 Put all of my children through college while maintaining a loving open relationship with them. I really think that if I can look back and say I did this I will be happy with my job as a parent.

#3 Find a soul mate. I know this may seem quite gay, but I do believe there is someone out there that is perfect for me and I need to find her. I don't know how your life can be complete without.

#2 Have sex with two chicks at the same time. I only expect male readers to understand this, but I have to know.

#1 Not to outlive any of my children. As bad as it sounds children should attend the funerals of there parents and not the other way around. I know you cannot really plan your death but I really do not want to out live any of the children I plan on having.

Please tell me your pursuit of happiness and the stops you would like to make along the way.

No comments: