Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Congratulations C$$$$$$!


Over the weekend I attended the wedding of one of the authors of this blog. My cousin Craig got married on Saturday to Callie Calnin. First of all I want to send him a congrats, I truly think he found someone special, and of all the years I have known Craig, I don't think I have ever seen him happier. The wedding was wonderful. I tend to be a cynic when it comes to weddings because I swear I have been to 15 of them in the last 3 years. They tend to be very repetitive and for the most part very boring. I am not sure if it was because I had so much family there or the fact that Craig has really fun friends, but from the moment I got to Ripon on Friday to the time I was limped out of the hotel on Sunday I had an absolute blast. The weather could have been nicer for some pictures, but that was really the only hiccup. Well besides the fact that I forgot to have the rings blessed before eagerly trying to hand them off to the bride and groom. Luckily Father Mike was on top of his game and stopped me before the church came tumbling down. As part of my duties as best man I had to give a little speech. Something I was pretty nervous about all day on Saturday. However I did drive up by myself on Friday and that gave me ample time to practice. The speech went well, and then I got to partying. I remember looking at the clock thinking I had missed the grand march, and it was only 830. At that point I was already a mess. After 4 more hours of shots, whiskey, and a few glasses of wine, I was completely out of my element. After the wedding was over, we headed to a bowling alley across the street where we pretty much filled the place. The highlight had to be when we Rick Rolled the joint. Around 2 AM we stumbled home and I proceeded to pass out. It was a very long day, and i woke up in some serious pain. Luckily for me my lovely girl friend, drove home so I could keep my eyes away from any light. Sunday was a completely wasted day, but it was well worth the pain. I honestly think it moves into the top 3 weddings that I have ever attended. Craig nice work on everything, it was a great time, you guys were such wonderful hosts. Hope you have a great time, on the beach. I can only hope you hit up every banana boat stand in the Caribbean.

2 comments:

Harps said...

It was the top five greatest weekends for me, everything went perfect. I am so happy for craig and callie. We had the perfect crew in the wedding and as far as all the people that came was outstanding. Matt you did a fantastic job with your best man duties and had a great speech, well done my friend. I know talking with craig that he had a great time and thought it was a perfect weekend. Thank you craig and callie, for letting me be apart of your day. It means the world to be

C-Weed said...

Thanks Browne, Saturday was an absolute whirlwind of awesomeness! My one goal, well actually my second goal was to have a huge party, the first was to actually get married. The both went off without a hitch. I cant thank everyone enough who was involved and all the guests. Everyone truley made our wedding the greatest day of our lives. I cant thank everyone enough. I know growing up and attending some great weddings I always wanted to have banger of a wedding. Everyone made it happen.
I know Tubbs was having good time, he couldnt stop doing the splits and when Tubbs gets excited he does the splits. Its the greatest form of excitement in my opinion. I dont think his balls will ever heal.