Friday, April 24, 2009

"Fuck it" List

You guys are probably well aware of a bucket list, or a list of things to do before you die or are no longer able to. Well today I introduce the "fuck it" list or a list of things that at one point in your life you may have thought, "hey I can do that" but now you realize there is no chance that you ever actually do it.

- Run any sort of race. Look my body type is made for water not land, the only time I run is on a basketball court and that could be argued that I am just fast walking while I am out there. I am in horrible shape, but I will never get back into shape running. I don't understand the fad. My mother who is nearly 60 (luckily she doesn't read this because she tells everyone she is under 50) is running a triathlon this summer. God bless her because it is something that is just not in my make-up so fuck it!

- Skydiving, base jumping, bungee jumping. I had planned on conquering my fear of heights at some point in my life. I am not the dare devil type, and I just don't see myself paying money to scare the living shit out of myself, and risk my life while I am at it. Gravity works extra hard on me, no need to fight that.

- Opening up my own strip club. Wow many of you know this has been a dream of mine for some time. However I cannot see myself bringing my daughter to take your daughter to work day at a rip club. I guess some dreams just were not meant to come true.

- Going on another spring break with the boys. I have had the pleasure to go on a couple of awesome spring breaks, I have done Panama City, Fort Meyers Beach, Houston, Cancun. During our last trip we discussed getting together one last time for an epic spring break. Well the next time I see myself going on a vacation will most likely be Disney land with the family. Sorry boys, but we should have planned it for this spring, because I have the next 25 years or so booked.

- Two chicks at the same time. I should put an asterisk next to this one because the chances of this happening at all were slim. The chances of this happening now that I have a girl friend I love very much, and I child due to join us in August, and those slim chances are probably cut in thirds. If you throw in the fact that penis looks like a grub worm wearing a turtle neck then I would say the chances are grave at best. Damn it. I am hoping my girlfriend will make a Larry Davidesque pack with me and on our 10 year anniversary she allows me to bring another woman to bed. I will let you know.

So those are five things that I am saying fuck it to, just wasn't meant to be, life is too short. Now it is time for you to give me your "fuck it" list.

1 comment:

Timmay said...

Great topic, Browne.

First off, I think we should plan on skydiving for your 30th birthday. Book it.

Totally on the fuck-it list:

Living a year in Hawaii or on the Pacific coast of Mexico, working for booze money with some kind of tour company. Something about having an infant son just makes that so impractical.

Owning a motorcycle. Back then, no money. Today, no time to ride.

Becoming a good golfer. I used to try to golf on a regular basis. No more. Maybe when Myles is old enough to play? For now, with the limited free time I have, when am I really going to want to spend $50 and 5 hours away from my family during daylight hours? No, I mean aside from puking in garbage cans on football Saturdays.