Monday, April 6, 2009

It's a Girl!


As many of you know, my girlfriend and I, are expecting. Today after our 20 week exam and ultrasound we found out that we are going to have a baby girl. Jenny and I both thought we were going to be having a girl so I was looking forward to this announcement very much. For her sake I hope she looks like mom and not dad. I am just going to put this warning out there to any interested gentleman callers, she will not be dating until she is at least 16, and even then she may have to do that in my company! If my girlfriend will ever give up the disc with the ultrasound photos I will try and post some pics. She was not being the most cooperative for the ultra sound but there were some very good pics of her face, and her little hands, and feet.

For the first 20 weeks of this pregnancy I have yet to feel like a dad. I haven't really had to change what I typically do. Jenny has had to watch what she eats, give up drinking and smoking, and carry a baby inside her. I have basically just tried to make things easy on her, but other than that nothing has changed. Today however I feel like a father for the first time, and that is one of the best feelings a man can have. To say Jenny and I are excited, would be an understatement. In fact the only person more excited than I am today, is my mother, who finally gets the daughter she always wanted.

2 comments:

Timmay said...

Congrats! I remember that feeling. Something about learning the sex just makes it more concrete. The more details you get, the more you can get your head around it as a reality.

It's coming up fast, hold on to your hat. The Brewers season started today, and you'll have a daughter when there is still a third of the season left. The Badgers are in Spring Camp, and you'll have a daughter before they play their first game this Fall. That's crazy, kid.

marne said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for the both of you!