Thursday, January 7, 2010

Justin Townes Earle

I thought I'd share a cheerful pick-me-up from Justin Townes Earle. My wife and I, along with a group of friends, are going to his show at the High Noon Saloon in Madison on February 26, so I've been studying the material, so to speak. If you like authentic, traditional country / Americana type music, the show will be more than worth the $12 price of admission. This guy isn't exactly obsure anymore, just about 3 years into his recording career. His latest album, "Midnight at the Movies," is being named to many "best of 2009" lists, received a 4-star review from Rolling Stone, and he was nominated for three Americana Awards, winning Emerging Artist of the Year. He has a little crossover appeal as well, as "Midnight at the Movies" is approaching the Top 40 on the Indie charts.

This track is from his first release, the 2007 six-song EP titled "Yuma." This is the title track from the EP, and a real feel-good story, true to the old-timey country tradition. Enjoy.

No comments: