Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend

Here are some thoughts from the weekend...

- I honestly dont know what is more painful having the brewers season be over in the middle of June or watching there so called big game pitcher completely fold the second half including game 4 of the only playoff series I will ever get to see the Brewers in.

- These things go great together: wine, shrimp, scallops, pasta. I have a couple go to dishes but only one includes all of those ingrediants and i have never got anything but compliments when I make it.

- Yes the Badgers lost to tOSU but they certainly dont look like they have "it".

- Camp Randall is a fun place to go to a game for its atmosphere but if you have a fat ass like I do you are much better off watching from the bar.

- Aaron Rodgers will probably have a better statistical year than Brett Favre, but the Packers will be nowhere as good as a team as they were last year. That is not a knock on Rodgers. Favre was just that good last year.

- The Brewers are rumored to make a 150 million dollar offer to CC. I think that is great but I think it will be about 60 million dollars short. The brewers ace next year pitched really well in game 1 of the playoffs.

- Painting your house can make a world of difference. Got the first coat down and man does it make the place look a lot better. Cant wait to get finished.

- After going 2-0 this weekend I am now at 10-5 on the year for all my bets. However I am only up $400. I usually just do $50 a game, but I need to put more down when i am very confident.

Cant wait for this upcoming weekend as I will be turning 26 and celebrating the only way i know how partying like it is my last birthday. Any one that reads this is welcome to join me in celebration as I will be having a tailgate for the Badger vs. PSU game. We plan on getting 4 or 5 parking stalls in the lot across from Meriter. Which is about a 1 1/2 south of Regent on Park Street. For the die hards we will be getting up there around 10 or so and having bloody mary's and bagels, however I would guess most people will come up between 2-3. We will be heading to the Stadium bar for the game.

No comments: