Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend

Well my bday came and went and it was great. Everytime I do a bday party or xmas party, I get reminded to how many wonderful friends I have. I mean yeah a few of them will sabotage your chili that you worked very hard on, by putting rocks in it, but besides that all of them are great. A glance at my weekend.

- Friday night we went to Samba Brazilian Steakhouse and it was wonderful. For those carnivores that have never gone to a Brazilian steakhouse, I suggest doing so soon. We had a choice of seven different meats. Duck, 2 choices of steak, lamb, argentian sausage, grilled chicken, and pork tenderloin. After the gauchos made there way around 4 or 5 times I literally could not move any more. I definately got my money's worth.

- Later Friday night a few friends stopped by and we played madden and had a few beers. We all took it easy because the caravan was leaving at 930 the next morning. I did however dominate Aaron in Madden.

- Saturday I was up at 730 ready to get started. We packed up and headed downtown around 945. The lot didnt open until 1030 so we decided to go to the lot right next door. I thought the tailgate went well. I did forget a few things that caused some problems, but all in all I think everyone had a good time. We drank (4) 1.75 liter of vodka and (2) barrels by 6 pm. Everyone wanted me to get a 3rd barrel but I was getting hammered and needed to clean things up so we could make it to the bars for the start of the game. I think people would have been happy to watch the game at the tailgate if we could have got cable on my 21". It was truly a great day for a tailgate as we actually had to find some shade on an 80 degree day.

- Then the Badger game came on and put me in a terrible mood. The badgers couldnt have played any worse. They didnt show up and now the season seems to be lost. I could see them losing five games in a row. They may be playing closer to Dec 1st than January 1st.

- We headed back to SP around the start of the 3rd quarter and I watched the end of the game from there. It was just ugly all the way around. I decided the only thing that made sense was shots and whisky's.

- After holding up pretty strong all day I hit a wall around 1230 and had to call it an evening. I went home to a trashed house as a bunch of people made it back there as well. Not to mention all my green was gone. Still it had been a wonderful day and everyone made it home safe.

- Sunday I woke up around 8ish to say good bye to the last people crashed at my place. I then took my buddy jon back to Marshall for some bong rips and breakfast. I thought I was going to be chilling on the couch all day as I felt like absolute garbage, but i returned to find my parents over eager to work. So we worked until 1230 or so and got the remainder of the house painted. Next up will be the soffit and gutters but the exterior of the house is looking much much better. After that I hung out and watched a couple of fantasy victories before my GF took me out to dinner again for my bday! I am truly a spoiled kid. Then I came back and aaron repaid the favor and kicked my ass in Madden before I called it a night. A wonderful weekend. However I am sick as a dog right now and I need to use all of these next five days wisely to recover because next weekend is our annual guys trip to Green Bay for a Packer game. It usually is one of the wildest weekends of the year, and you better be at full strength. Looking forward to.

Just want to finish up by saying thank you to everyone who had a hand in making my 26th birthday one of the best to date. Thanks!

No comments: