Friday, February 26, 2010

Mad Trucker Gone Mad..redux

Granted, Live Music Friday has been off-line for months, mainly because nobody gives a shit anyway. However, this morning I find cause to throw out a brief resurrection.

Mad Trucker Gone Mad is back on the scene in full force. After splitting up circa 2001, ringleader "Del Monte Carlo" (Isaac Schulze) reformed the band a couple years ago, joining forces with the bass player and drummer from American Death - a cool band in their own right that tragically lost their singer/guitarist in a motorcycle accident. The new version of Trucker has a new record out and finally appear to be back to playing shows on a regular basis. Last Saturday night, I fully intended to get over to their show at the Crystal Corner after attending the Wilco show, but I got drunk and ran into some friends and family on State Street. I ended up arriving at the Crystal too late to see MTGM perform, but at least I caught Isaac for a shot o' Jim Beam (they don't carry Wild Turkey at the Crystal) and a brief update on life.

If you have any interest in kick-ass punk rockabilly and really fun live shows, check them out. Here's a recent interview with Isaac for onmilwaukee.com, and here's a link to the band's website, complete with upcoming show dates in Madison, Oshkosh, Stevens Point, Dubuque, Duluth and Wisconsin Dells.

As for the Madison show on April 17, wish me luck. That is the day before my birthday, and it also happens to be the day of the UW Football Spring Game. I may be able to weasel a Madison all day drunkfest on a birthday pass, I may not. I'll ask the boss and let you know.

It would just feel dirty to fail to leave you with a little taste...

No comments: