Monday, March 26, 2007

Weekend

I had a pretty fun weekend. It was my first weekend drinking in Marshall in a while and it was actually pretty fun well not really the Marshall part but the drinking part. Friday was a rough one as we partied pretty hard. Saturday i played in the Marshall Alumni Tournament and I thought we played pretty well for a bunch of out of shape boozers, but we fell short in the Championship game to some young bucks. It was a fun time and nobody got hurt, which I thought for sure was going to happen for me. Highlight of the tourney just being back together with the old team we may have won if we were in a little better shape. After the tourney I helped Worm move into his beautiful new home which wasnt the funnest thing to do after a couple of basketball games but I was already sweaty so it was no big deal. Saturday went out with a big Marshall crew, but momentum died fast and we were home by midnight. Sunday cleaned, picked up a couch for the basement, and had dinner with the rents.

Switching topics I have meant to talk about this for a while now but havent gotten around to it. I have started watching the Sopranos, I am on the third disc of season four, and this is simply put the best television show ever to air. I dont even know if you could call it a TV show it is more like a miniseries that has aired for six years. Anyway what is there not to like about this show, it has something for everyone and it has you rooting for even the most ruthless criminals. I have seen pretty much every maffia movie released in the last 20 years and this is by far the most fascinating look on "Family orientated Italian lifestyle". The last season airs in less than two weeks so I have a lot of watching to do before then but with this show I can easily watch 3-4 episodes a night. If you have not seen an episode dont spoil anything and start from the beginning, I promise you will love it.

No comments: