Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Top 10: Sporting Events

ESPN had this pretty cool article on the top 101 events that all sports fan must see. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/070625 Well I liked that list so created my top 10 sporting events that I would like to see in my life time.

#10 The Red River Shootout:
Texas and Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl. This has to be one of the craziest seens for a football game that you can imagine. Two perennial top 10 teams who are arch rivals. The stakes are high, the rivalry is one of the nations best, and 90,000 people to boot.

#9 Jets v Patriots @ The Meadowlands:
The Jets as you may or may not know our my favorite NFL team and getting a chance to see them play there arch rival in the New England Patriots would be a real treat. Even better since this rivalry seems to be renewed with the Mangenious at the helm.

#8 Michigan v Ohio State:
This is always my favorite non badger game to watch every year. Two teams that genuinely hate eachother usually with a berth to one of the top bowl games on the line. Going to either the Horse Shoe or Ann Arbor to watch two of the best college teams of the last 25 years play seems like a no-brainer.

#7 Yankees v Red Sox @ Fenway Field:
Now I am Yankee fan so I would be in enemy territory, but a chance at watching this game atop of the Green Monster would be too good to be true. This could be the best rivalry in all of sports and both of them play for Division titles year in and year out.

#6 The Masters:
The most storied golf tournament in history would be an awesome experience. The history that has been made on that course is unbelievable. Watching Tiger play on his favorite course, trying to catch Niclaus record would be amazing.

#5 The World Series:
October is my favorite month of the year, with football, the start of basketball, and the World Series. If the Brewers could some how make it I would pay $500 for ticket.

#4 Super Bowl:
Now I have heard that this is an overrated sporting event, but how could going to the most watched sporting event of the year not be great. I am thinking Arizona, New Orleans, or Miami would be the ideal location for me to check out.

#3 Rose Bowl w/Bucky:
I sure hope I didnt miss my chance with this and I truly believe I will have a couple more chances to see Bucky play in the Rose Bowl. 105,000 people for a BCS bowl game with your favorite team. WOW!

#2 Final Four:
College Basketball has long been my favorite sport and the excitement that a Final Four has to offer is too good to pass up. Hopefully Bucky can make it here in the not so distant future as well. In Bo I trust!

#1 Duke vs North Carolina at Durham:
Duke is my second favorite sports team behind Bucky, and I believe this is the best rivalry in all of sports. Seeing the Dukies beat up on the Fag Roy Williams and Company would make my life complete.

No comments: