Friday, October 12, 2007

10-12-1982

25 years ago, I was chopped out of my mothers stomach, shit time goes by fast, especially when the majority of the time you are wasting it. Yes today is my birthday and i had a weird feeling when I awoke. Thinking back on some of my memories the passed twenty five years, and boy do I have a lot of them, but reflecting on birthdays just makes you feel old. And although my lack of physical activities has me feeling like I am 35, in my mind I think I still act very youthful, and have enjoyed putting of growing up. Now I am 25 and though I dont have to have shit figured out, when i woke up this morning I had a definite feeling that i needed to start figuring out where i want this life to go. Like a little message from the benevolent one saying, "well you managed to get this far, now what". Truth be told and as you may already know, i reflect all the time, and birthdays seem to always be a time when you look back. I say fuck that instead of reflecting on my birthday today I am looking forward to the next 25 years. I am looking forward to all those things I have yet to accomplish, or cannot wait to begin. Family, marriage, a successful career, seeing the world, an asian chick etc. I figured out while I hit the snooze for the 6th time, that yes I did have a wonderful first 25 years, but what is next up for big tasty? NOW WHAT... Well I wish I had some idea of what is up, but I am just going to take it as it comes and fucking DEAL WITH IT. Right or wrong, that is how I am going to live the next 25 years. Will I still reflect, of course, I like looking at all my mistakes and laughing. However, I believe what I am going to try and do a better job of is looking ahead. Right now I am thinking about getting super fucked up this weekend, but if I were to think of something else, I would say that of my 25 years all but about 2 months were extremely happy. I have lived it my way, and I am proud of that. I wish I could add some words of wisdom as a parting shot, but honestly the only thing that I can really say is, why cant getting old be the best part of life? I mean each year you have something to build on, if you keep trying to live hard, have fun, and better yourself, than getting older should be the best fucking thing you do!

No comments: