Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Weekend: Recap

My birthday weekend was well, what any 25 year old would want, drunk. Ok maybe not any 25 year old, but this one who was going through a mid life crisis, a weekend of debauchery was exactly what I needed. Make sense? Friday night we went downtown and that turned out to be a great time. Hit up some great drink specials, was with some great friends, did some dancing, and actually went home with a girl, though that was not really a happy ending, spilling a full soda all over her parents hard wood floors, oops! Saturday morning my roommate jake started it off right by making me breakfast, wow what a guy. Between puking and breakfast and the typical morning wake and bake, I had a lot of shit to do before my party started. We cleaned and prepared food until about noon, and then people started showing up. My mom and dad brought my present over and I have to say it is the best present I have ever gotten. My mom made me, i repeat made me, a platform bed. These beds cost like $2500 dollars and she made it, I was so impressed. It is the type of gift that I will be giving to my kids and hopefully they do the same, my mother is a talented lady, and I always knew this, but this seriously still impressed the shit out of me. I did get some other great gifts as well: a used baseball bat, a bottle of knob creek, an exclamation point, and a coupon for a free house cleaning. I thought it was a great haul for me considering I wasnt expecting anything. The Badger game was a complete waste of time, I couldnt stomach to even watch the second half. It was disgusting, and the only good thing that happened this weekend for the Badgers as far as i am concerned is the Badger Basketball team started practice on Friday. After numerous games of dice, in which Aaron and Shana teamed up to run the train on us, we decided it was time to head to Marshall for the real party. Aaron, I am going to smoke in your parents house by the way, my dad was real impressed when i told him it was you. Anyways we headed to Marshall and that is where it gets kind of hazy. I remember there was a very good turnout and that made my night. I saw a lot of friends that I hadnt seen in a while and we just had a great time. The jukebox got punished, we ran pretty much VIP style all night, and I didnt pay for one single drink, THANKS PUB! I did however manage to lose my keys, wallet, and cell phone during the night. I pretty much went night night around 2 am and missed out on what sounded like a wonderful evening of extracurriculars. I am horrible at making the ABAR. I suppose it doesnt help when you are downing shots all night. Anyways after I kicked everyone out and we cleaned the place up a bit, I pretty much was glued to the couch for the next 10 hours before heading to bed. All in all it was a wonderful night, and I just wanted to thank everyone that made it so. It was up there as one of the best birthdays I ever had, and I think that is do to the fact that my friends are a really good time. Next up....the night before thanksgiving!

No comments: