Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thursday Rant

Well it has been a quiet week on the blog, not much going on with me. In fact I never thought it would be possible to have zero worries, but I am eerily close to being able to say that. I got my patio poured, so that leaves little work to be done around the house. Work has slowed a bit; I expect that to be short lived, as we have a lot of projects that still need to be finished before the year ends. Currently I am winding down a bunch of projects and waiting for some other ones to get going. I could be worrying about finding a woman, but I am constantly searching so that doesn’t seem like something I have to worry about. I will say that I really need to stop looking at girls I am friends with as possible girls to date. I have gotten the old “Matt, I could see us working out but if we take our relationship further I am afraid it will jeopardize our friendship” enough times that I could write the book on “Taking Plutonic Friendships to the Next Level, Are you Fucking Kidding?” What is funny about that is I usually put up a wall when I go on dates or hang out with girls I know nothing about, it is hard to let them in and let them know exactly what type of person I am. With a girl that I already know that is easy, they already know exactly what kind of guy I am. 10 times out of 9 that is a bad thing, but at least I can be honest. However when I am attracted to a friend or a girl that I have known for a while, and I am I try and pursue something above and beyond, I find that they know too much to actually fall for me, or I have slept with one of there friends, and they don’t feel like they can boldly go where, no woman has gone. It doesn’t help that I have a tape of me and my small penis making its rounds around the internet, damn modern technology. I have a lot of skeletons apparently. What I am trying to say, is if you are a girl that is friends with me and possible wanted something further to happen, put out the signs now or forever hold your peace. I am going straight Jackie Treehorn on the ladies from now on, and there will be no make friends first sexy time later. It will be make sexy time first, make friends never! With that being said and I know I sounded like I was bitching, but this is a vent thread, I am completely free of stress, and I have to say it is a damn good feeling. Though it really begs the question, without any stress is there any need to continue to destroy your body with drugs and alchohol? The simple answer to that is of course yes, but it is something that I think needs to be pondered.

I am getting away this weekend, I am heading up North to GB for a little partying weekend. These never get old with me, and anytime I get to hang out with my favorite Retzlaff, Roy, I am ecstatic. Roy, may be a little hard to take this year, as he is a die hard Packer fan, and I of course am not. However, I predict a bears victory in Green Bay changing his tune a bit. We don’t have tickets to the game, not that it matters as last year we had 4 tickets and nobody even wanted to go in. Seeing a night game at Lambeau would be fun, but so would seeing a night game from a bar right across the street from Lambeau. Im guessing I will have a few stories to report on Monday, as this weekend has become legendary to those in attendance. Needless to say I am little excited to take my game north.

As many of you know I had this dream of writing a screen play just for the hell of it. The story is going to be loosely based on the life of one of my good friends’ fathers, who is a Vietnam veteran, and was involved in a diamond heist, while he was in Vietnam (True Story). Although I truly do plan on trying to write that story, and maybe even get some friends together to shoot a couple of scenes, that is going to have to wait while I start chapter one of my memoirs. That is right, this pretentious asshole is writing a little mock autiobiography, chronicling some of the stories that have been told on this blog. I don’t think I am a good enough writer to complete a full autobiography, and I don’t think anyone would read it if I did, but while reading one of my favorite blogs I got this idea stuck in my head. Im not sure if any of you have read Tucker Max’s blog, it is linked on this site, but he is just a normal guy who has now sold the rights to his life story to be turned into a TV show as well as a movie. He is absolutely hilarious and I encourage all of you to read some of his stuff. Ladies be warned, he is somewhat of a pig, but a funny pig at that. When it comes to writing I am nowhere near his level, as he can narrate better than most novelists I have ever read, but I figure what way to become a better writer than to write, and sadly the only thing I know enough to write a story about is, well, me! That being said, I don’t even know how to start this, but over the next couple of months I am going to try my best to get one chapter done. If it goes well I may continue. I am not sure I will let anyone read it, like I said I have a fear that it is going to be shitty, but if I do get some feedback that it is funny I will for sure post it on Deal With It.

That is it, the news I have to report. A brief recap: none of my chick friends will do me, and I am going to start treating objects like women, though I am not getting any ass I can report I am free of all stress and worries, I am putting the Ron Vietnam story on hold, while I write a story about myself that nobody will care to read, and I have a little dick…Deal With It!

No comments: