Monday, January 28, 2008

Update to my brittle bones...or are they?

So I had a Dr.s appt. apparently with a real doctor Friday. I went to this appt. with the up most fear of what is to come. Surgery, hunch back, out of work for months upon months. Which would be bad because my employer does not have any short term sick leave, well they do but it is not paid, they just hold your job for you...yippee skippee. So any way I was worried. I went to Dean Care West and had a exam by my regular doctor. She groped the hell out me and determined that it wasn't my spine at all. She contacted Edgerton Hospital and got the xray summary from the Radiologist. Plain as day it reads...no compression fracture at all...so for now my spine is ok. My Doctor basically said in lemans terms.."the Dr. you saw in Edgerton is special needs patient in disguise as a doctor wearing a white coat garnishing a stethoscope and mis-read the xrays,...I am trusting this summary from the radiologist." She didn't take new film because Edgerton already had done x-ray's, My Doc is actually trying to save me money, amazing. So the new diagnosis is extreme back spasms.
I high five and chest bump the doctor. You cant imagine my relief! Didn't really get an explanation as too why except, that I am fat and out of shape, a giant frown followed as I heard the reasoning for my back pain. So anyway got some stronger muscle relaxers that are supposed to wipe me out, which they don't = me pissed and craving more narcotics.
My back seems to be getting better ; lots of rest, heating pad and drugs over last weekend. I should be back to bowling like shit sooner than I had expected. So everyone who said they were going to bring me movies and lunch last weekend. Then never showed up or even called. Thanks, you gave a whole new meaning to "its the thought that counts"
c-weed out

2 comments:

Big Tasty said...

Well C$$ that is good to hear and I apologize for not coming over on Sat. I had a poker tourney and Saturday I had to help my parents move a piano on Sunday. I am glad your back is muscle releated and not spinal related. Bummer about those muscle relaxants, those can be a lot of fun. So when do you think you will be back to work?

Anonymous said...

Hey C-Muscle good to hear your going to be alright. Sorry I didn't come over with more movie's this weekend. But I took a really big dump on Sat. and took all of Sun. to recover. I recommend watching knocked up again poping some muscle relaxers, drinking a few tall boys and if you have time a smoke or chew.

CC

P.S.

Hey would you save me some of those muscle relaxers? My tail pipe been sore the past couple days.