Thursday, February 28, 2008

Former 21 Jump Street Star coming to Wisconsin!


Not sure how many of you have heard this yet but the screen adaptation of Bryan Burrough's 2004 book "Public Enemies: America's Greatest Crime Wave and the Birth of the FBI, 1933-34." It describes the FBI's transformation when confronted with crime sprees by Dillinger, Charles Arthur "Pretty Boy" Floyd and Lester "Baby Face Nelson" Gillis. Starring none other than J-Depp and Christian Bale. J-Depp will play John Dillinger and Bale FBI Special Agent Melvin Purvis, who led the manhunt for Dillinger in the 30s. Sounds like they have been scouting locations and looking at extras and vintage cars for some months now. But have just confirmed they will be shooting mostly in Columbus (for those who don't know, I used to get drunk there a lot) due to the historic facade. It is a wise decision to shoot in WI since all the mobsters used to come up here to hide out from the po-po's. Dillinger escaped the feds in Manitowish, Wi at a little place called Little Bohemia. Its pretty cool I have been there, sweet story C-Weed. Anyway so yeah sounds like shooting will start in a month. This is actually pretty sweet. I cant wait to see this film, with Depp and Bale leading this film it should be fucking awesome. Oh and the director is Michael Mann a UW grad so suck on that. So the badger game is about to start and I am pretty sure this dirty thirty of the milla thrilla's aren't going to drink themselves. I think you understand. Go Bucky, down with Neitzel.
if you want to read more about it then here ya go, BAM!

1 comment:

Big Tasty said...

Whoa whoa whoa. C$$$ is representing on the blog last night. I love it. I would like to chime in on this movie, cant fucking wait. I didnt know Mike Mann was attached and I definately didnt know he is a Bucky grad. I am going to the set to try and be an extra. I think exactly what this movie needs is a fat gangster getting gunned down with a tommy gun. I hope some of the shooting is going to take place in some of Cbus' famed establishments. Historic city my ass, might as well shoot a couple seens in the corn fields of Marshall. Anyways glad to have you back posting with regularity, let me for one say the blog wasnt quite the same in your absence.