Thursday, August 7, 2008

You Got to Be Kidding!!!


So apparently the Brett Favre saga just got worse. He has been traded to the NY Jets. My New York Jets, the ones that I started loving after they stole big tuna from the Giants. The home of iconic figures like Vinny Testaverde and Curtis Martin. This could be the worse day of my NFL fandom. I mean you take my most hated player in the NFL and add him to your team, while cutting your favorite (albeit shitty) player from your favorite team!?! This couldnt get much fucking worse. It is going to be a disaster. Brett in NY? Are you kidding me? They are going to constantly question you committment and how much you have left in the tank Brett. I dont know how the country boy is going to do in the big city. I dont know if the "aw shucks I threw another pick, but its ok cuz i love to play this gal darn game" attitude is going to fly in NY. My thoughts are since he cannot find a place to find wranglers anwhere within 500 miles Bret falls off the wagon and starts drinking and popping pills again. After leading the team to a 4-12 record he decides that "he just doesnt know if he can do it anymore" and quits. Only to come back months later, forces a trade, and finally gets to the vikings where his very imppressive consecutive start streak ends after he tragedically blows up his shoulder by showing Missippi High School kids how to throw a football over those mountains in the distance. Obviously that is the best case scenario. Honestly though I am sick to my stomach right now, and will officially be changing team affiliation to either the Browns or the Packers. Stay tuned.

No comments: