Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bringing Home Baby



















Well I was going to wait for an offer from People magazine, but with pictures already circulating the Internet I figure it is time to introduce our baby to the world. Adelynn Grace Browe was born on 8/23/09 at 415 PM. She was 9lbs 6 oz and 20" long. Yes she is a lunker.

It was a wild weekend. Friday and Saturday we spent hanging out at home bored and anxious. Waiting for a child to come was very difficult, but she was worth the wait! Saturday night around 1130 Jenny started having contractions, which she has had before, but they were bad enough that the Dr said she should go in. We got to the hospital around 130 AM Sunday morning. She was only about 4 CM dilated so they made us walk the halls. So from 130 to 530 we made laps around the birthing center. Finally at 530 AM we were admitted into our birthing suite. Jenny was in quite a bit of pain at this point so they gave her an epidural and waited for her to dilate to 10 CM. Well this wait was excruciating for Jenny, but also was difficult for me. I was in the birthing suite with three Grandmas, three of Jenny's sisters, a handful of nurses, and myself. All of which were sharing baby stories and anecdotes. Mind you I hadn't slept and was very much worried about both Jenny and my baby, so I was struggling to say the very least. Then around 2 PM we kicked everyone out of the room except Jenny's sister Monica, Jenny of course, and myself. It was time to for Jenny to start pushing.

For the next two hours Jenny pushed as hard as she could and I have to say, i have a new respect not just for her, bt all women that have gone through this process. Words cannot describe the two hours she pushed. Even with the epidural the pain must have been excruciating. Jenny was so tough, and continued to push despite the pain and pressure to her bottom. Finally around 4 o'clock PM a little head appeared then shoulders, and shortly after the most beautiful thing I have ever seen appeared. The Drs quickly cleaned her off and gave the baby to Jenny and allowed me to cut the cord. I was balling my eyes out, it was most emotional thing I have ever gone through, I was so proud of how strong Jenny was and hearing your baby cry for the first time was music to my ears. They wrapped her up and while they were attending to Jenny they gave me my daughter for the first time. What a surreal feeling. Our baby was healthy and finally here, I was a father, and I was the proudest father in the world.

At this point Jenny and I were both exhausted and we had a bunch of family waiting to meet our girl. From about 430 to 930 we showed off our baby, and then everyone left and we were left with a an angry exhausted baby. So we basically were up all night once again. I was able to get about 4 hours of sleep. Jenny maybe got 2 hours at best. Monday we had more friends and family stop by, it was nice to have a little break from baby and get some more sleep Jenny still was not able to. Addy loves to be held like all babies probably do, and when she is being held she sleeps. Throw in the fact that Jenny's milk had yet to come in and the baby was starving, we had another very adventurous night. Around 430 AM we had the nurse take her for a bit so we could get sleep, it wasn't much but it was needed, I again got a little more than Jenny as the nurses woke her around 630 but she was in a great mood Tuesday for our trip home.

We took Addy home around 11 and she was so well behaved, I donut think I heard a peep from her all day yesterday. We had more visitors which was great, and Addy loved all the attention. Last night she only got up twice which was great and both Jenny and I got more than 6 hours of sleep. Today we feel great and baby is doing so well. It is so unreal to finally have our baby home, and part of our family. Raising a child is going to be very challenging it already is, but it is also so rewarding. Like I said she is pretty much the greatest thing I have been apart of, I hold her and kiss as much as I can, and when I lay her down I just want to pick her up again. Anyways DWI readers meet Addy!!!

6 comments:

Einy said...

Congrats F-Town......

Silverback said...

That is awesome man, I cannot wait to see her.

Timmay said...

Outstanding. She's beautiful, we can't wait to meet her.

Gruny said...

Congrats Browne. Glad to hear mom, dad, and baby are doing well.

McGarnagle said...

Congrats B and Jenny..the baby is adorable...Maybe it is the chubby cheeks and smooth, hairless chin, but I am going to have to say she resembles dad right now...

Had to dig you B.

Unknown said...

Well.....the birth sounded quite glamorous...as do they all!! Welcome to fatherhood finally!! It will be by far the best and hardest thing you'll ever do.