Friday, September 25, 2009

Brewer Notes

Look, I know the season was over, over a month ago. But what, are you my fucking mom. Geez get off my back. ANYWAY, Craig Cashon was on again this morning and will I will say my eyebrows were a raisin' in curiosity. Craig went on to say that basically Gamel doesnt do the extra work to get himself into the line up. Gamel has been asked repeadetley to work on his defense but he doesnt want to, so he doesnt play. Macha has had a serious problem with Gamel since he took the wheel. I dont know if that is just Macha treating rookies as rookies and giving the upper hand to vets, or if he really doesnt like the surf board toten, "Bro" sentence finishing, 3rd baseman. Gamel hasnt really been who we "thought he was" since his call-up last year. Gamel is good and has a lot of potential but he hasnt really grabbed the lime light and fucked it in the face. Cashon says, Gamel is messed up in the head and needs to figure it out before next season. Cashon says the Brewers want Gamel to play winter ball and Gamel is none to thrilled. He also goes on to say that Gamel isnt "un-touchable" anymore. That we should expect Gamel in a trade to acquire some front line pitching. Cashon thinks Doug didnt trade him this season because he knew there would be better pitcher deals in the off season and wanted to see how Gamel performed the rest of the way through. I have to think the reason Gamel isnt playing is because McGehee has earned to play the rest of the way through. McGehee has shot (long shot) at the rookie of the year and not playing because the brewers want to see Gamel, shouldnt be the reason he doesnt get it. I think Macha is showing McGehee some respect for all his efforts this year, I guess I am trying to say, McGehee mother fucking earned his playing time, Gamel on the other hand hasnt bro. I am not really sure how I feel about Gamel being traded. I guess he is a valuable option and if they can keep proven veteran players and still get some good pitching than it makes sense. I feel like Gamel isnt big time ready just yet and could use more time in the minors to get his shit together and make a real impact. I think he is close but he doesnt feel as ready as Escobar does.

1 comment:

Big Tasty said...

Nice post. I dont know much about Gamel's attitude but I do know if he was untouchable a few months ago, why the fuck would they consider trading him now. What has changed? He had a few down months in AAA but he started off hot and his OPS in a small sample at the MLB level isnt that bad. Better than Alcides that is for sure. Escobar has flashed the leather but I dont know if he will ever be a top of the order player. If he does it may not be until he is 28 or 29 and no longer a Brewer.

I cannot say this enough, the Brewers must hang out to there young pre arby talent. Gamel will be making almost nothing for the next 3 years. He is under team control for another five years, he is much more valuable to us than he would be to a big market team. The only way I would see us trading him is for good pitching that is under team control for the same amount of time, and you dont see teams trading that very often. We could probably get a 1 year rental on Halladay, or something like that but it would not be a deal I want to see the Brewers make. As to Casey, he has earned the time, so has Felipe so I have no problem with Gamel riding the pine. Next year I still feel he will be the starter at 3rd base, with Alcides at SS, Weeks at 2nd and McGhehee backing up Weeks and Gamel. I love Casey but he is much closer to his peak than Gamel, he is 3 years older. I realize Macha loves his veterans, but the future of this team isnt in the hands of Counsell McGahee, Kendall, so I wish he would stop with that nonsense. The Brewers are not going to be in a position to plug veterans into there lineup wherever they have holes, they need to continue to develop there young cheap talent. You will have to live with the mistakes, and Macha needs to see that. I would be shocked if Gamel was moved this off season, and if it is for anything besides a young pitcher who we control for more than 2 years, I am going to be upset.