Tuesday, September 1, 2009

John Moffitt - funny guy in the middle.

Getting geeked up for the first Badgers game this Saturday night. Give me a holla if you'll be partying / tailgating. You probably owe me a beer, anyway. Moffitt is a solid center for the Badgers who unfortunately is touch-and-go for the opener with an injured pectoral muscle, which he tore up in a weight workout. In addition to receiving some pre-season All Big Ten nods (Phil Steele's 2nd team), he seems like a pretty entertaining dude to hang out with.

2 comments:

Big Tasty said...

TK,

I cannot wait for the Badger season to start last year I wasnt as excited because the Brewers were still tearing it up, but this year I am very excited. This could also be do to the fact that we have so many new and young players taking over this year. I am excited to see the QB duo, the young defense. This may be a rebuilding year, but they should at least be a little more aggressive and physical on defense which would be a nice relief. The offense is also pretty exciting, with the most talent that I can remember in a long time at a number of positions particularly RB and TE. This is a long shot but there is a chance I may be heading down for a buddies bday that evening, I think I do owe you a beer. You think you got room for my buddy Aaron???

Timmay said...

There is a lot to see this year. Call me an optimist, but I expect to see improved play at QB, TB, and WR, continued good production at TE and even OL (once we work out some kinks in the first few games).

On defense, I think some UW fans will be surprised to find out that the celebrated Casillas and Levy got a lot of press, but really weren't a very productive LB corps. These young kids are ready to rock, really rock.

Some questions in the backfield, but I think we will come to see an upgrade at both corner slots over last year, and we really need improved play from our reduced corps of safeties.

I am more excited than usual because as you said (1) there are a lot of new, young players to watch and (2) I do think they will eventually prove to be upgrades.