Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mike Jordan=Arrogant Prick

I wanted to post this a last week, but I forgot, deal with it. I watched this video last week, and I couldnt help but think, wow this guy is full of himself. Maybe rightfully so, he is the best basketball player to walk the face of the Earth (though I think Kobe has more talent, and I will argue that with anyone) nobody can argue that Jordan had the best killer instinct in the world and his achievements are unmatched in the game of basketball. But take a second and watch this video and tell me that you like him a little less after watching this. I mean calling out all those who doubted you, ripping on Byron Russell, and the fact that he still thinks he could play at a Hall of Fame level, made this one of the worst induction speeches of all time. Ricky Henderson, one of the cockiest people in the history of sports, gave a more gratious induction speach. I am sure I am going to raise hell for this, but I wish Jordan would just go away because I am sick of hearing his name, seeing his face, and most of all I am sick of hearing him talk like this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the Top 10 Douchebags of all time - in the athlete category.

Anonymous said...

Are you guys high? I saw someone having a little fun with there induction speech. Now thats going off the clip posted, it looks like it may have been edidted in the middle however so maybe im missing the so-called 'bashing' that people say took place. But from what i saw i thought it was better than most speeches i've seen, it wasn't a boring, sentimental speech so it may not fall in line with the norm, but I think the meaning behingd it it has definately been blow out of proportion

Nathaniel Snerpus said...

He says how he learned a ton of stuff about the other inductees in their speeches. He then goes on to remark, "what is that you don't already know about me?" Which is a perfectly honest. His whole career and life have been through a fine tooth comb.

Well, he answered it. He has a pathological urge to compete driven by fictional grudges. I didn't know he drew his motivations from delusions. Michael, that IS something new. Good to know.

But, I'm willing to separate and artist from their work. They say Springsteen is a total douche in person, but that doesn't mean I suddenly hate Rosalita. And Michael is the best and most talented player ever and ever will be.