Monday, May 14, 2007

Weekend: Entourage and Sopranos spoiler

This was a definately an up and down weekend for me. Friday went to that funeral and it was so sad. I dont normally get choked up unless I am deep in a cheesy movie, but this was very difficult. I cannot imagine what it must be like to lose a parent so young. Sheila will be missed by a lot of people, evident by my having to watch the funeral from the kitchen on a close circuit tv. After that I headed down to Lake Country, to help a cousin and his lovely wife do some landscaping. As usual they were very gracious hosts and I ended up doing more drinking than actual work. I dont want to sound like every other white guy on the planet and give you a list of drinks i consumed, I just know I should have went to bed about 2 hours earlier than I did. Saturday we finished our work and grilled out before the triad headed down to Milwaukee. I havent been down to Milwaukee in some time and with good reason, i think that trip takes actual years of my life. Wild as usual, unfortunately it wasnt all fun and games. I had to tell someone very close to me that we needed to go our seperate ways, and I did this when i was drunk something I dont reccomend doing. That was a mistake, but I think it was something I needed to do. Hopefully we can both move on from here.

Ok sorry to bore you with every little detail of my weekend, it was a great night for TV last night. Jake and I finished the first season of deadwood, just in time for the start of Sopranos. Maybe not this summer, but do yourself a favor and rent Deadwood and give it a chance. You will quickly fall in love with the shows deep characters, a clever scrip, some of the best dialogue I have ever heard, and my new favorite character in all of tv, Al Swearengen. Sopranos started with a bang! Tony killing Chis was unexpected, but it seemed like the right move for T. As it lifted a huge weight of his shoulders, Chris was unpredictable and that is not a good quality to have in the mob. It was great opportunity for Tony to rid himself to ever having to see Chris completely lose it and turn on the family. I would also like to note this is by far the darkest we have seen Tony since the early years of the show. It could be a downward spiral that ends with his demise. AJ seems to be not cracked out for this new life he is living and this will be an interesting story line down the road. I hope they do not make it the main story however because Robert Iler is not even close to the most interesting character on the show and with only three episodes left I dont want to see too much of him. Tony goes to Vegas to do Peyote with maybe his hotest goomah yet. I dont think trippin and then gambling is a great idea but Tony makes it work, and apparently what he has to do is becoming clear. I think it is going after Phil is going to happen, with some heavy casualties. Still no idea how this is going to end, but Tony believes he has it figured out and it could mean trouble for all involved.

Entourage was the best episode since the premiere. I new Drama's show would not be a flop and I am glad to see him do well for a change. It looks as if he is going to get a movie role now. He could be the first one to leave the coup. Eric and Vince decided if they wanted Medallian they were going to have to purchase it themselves. If I know anything from this show it is two of these guys have there things working out and two of them do not. WIth Turtle getting the girl it looks like he and Drama are on the up and up and Eric and Vince may have just made a big mistake. I still dont think this movie is going to get made, unless it is the last episode becaus I just dont see two guys going to South America to shoot this film while the other stay back, but we will see. For some reason everything usually turns up rosie in this show. Ari is back as the agent, which is great, and I love the fact that they are giving Lloyd more lines this year. A gay guy can be really funny when paired next to a cocksucker like Ari Gold. Anyways I hope they keep drama in the forefront as he is a close second to Ari as my favorite characters. Wait I just hope the show is going to kick into high gear for the second half of the season.

No comments: