Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Update

I should have posted this yesterday but I had a busy Monday back to the work week and it well to put it frankly sucked. My weekend took a severe bite out of my ass adn I owe it all to whisky god damn that wonderful drink. Seriously though I think my drinking habits are starting to get scary as this has been my progression in the last couple of years. Whisky and 7 up, to whisky and water, to my new favorite whisky on the rocks. I just cannot get enough of this nectar and am starting to feel a lot like ol Blue Eyes himself. I just hope I can live as long.

Friday night I had a rehearsal dinner for me dear friend Tori who is married her college sweetheart. I am a total wedding downer but this one was a really good time from start to finish. I was an usher and had little or no responsibilty besides tying one on and telling all the girls how beautiful they looked. The dinner was wonderful Friday, and then I headed to a beer tent in Cottage Grove. It sucked, I didnt know anybody and the pitchers were like $10. The only good thing about the beer tent was it wasnt too muddy. Saturday I got up in some serious pain, the mixture of whisky and beer head my head splitting. Breakfast helped, and then I got to visit my good friend Anthony Hellpap and his two week old daughter. Wow is all I can say, she was so tiny and cute, I didnt want to let her go that is for sure. I ended up being late for pictures and made myslef look like an ass but really no big deal as we were drinking beer for a good hour before the guests showed up. I dont think this is a very good idea at a catholic wedding cuz I had to pee the whole damn time. The wedding was nice though and the reception was even better. The father of the bride made a nice toast about my roommates and I and how we were like big brothers to his daughter and sons to him. That was pretty emotional. I felt like a complete jackass however because when he asked for us all to stand I was standing next to the bar watching Tiger dominate. After dinner is pretty much a blurrr but my girl friend got so pissed she left me there (she did come back eventualy) but I guess I was being a real son of a bitch, though I was having a great time. Sunday my old man was over at fucking 8 am to help me suck more water over. I almost cried when he opened the door. Happy fathers day pops! We did some work around the house and got my basement finally dry. What a fucking pain in the arse! Then I just went over to his place and had dinner which was really nice. Watched the US open and then I came home and went to bed early. Yesterday I got the quote for putting in a drainage system for my basement and it was a cool $5,000 which as you can imagine I have saved up for a fucking rainy day (pun obviously intended) Anyways, I dont know what I am going to do yet, but in the mean time i am going to move upstairs until I can figure something out. The two guys upstairs are going to really help me out and move next door, so at least I will have the other side occupied and I will have a place to stay that isnt growing mold faster than my under carriage. I am just glad to have it dry down there and hopefully I wont have any problems the rest of the summer or until i figure out what i am going to do. Item number one will be replacing my gutters and I think I am going to do that in the next week or so. Then I will decide on the drainage system.

As you may well know this weekend is the epic Marshall Festival so I may drop a few stories from Festivals past. I really cannot wait as my buddies are getting 6 barrels to celebrate the weekend. Last year was wild and this year should be better. I just placed the order for the port-o-potty so we dont have to worry about too much public indency. Now lets hope we can keep the underage dudes away, and we will be all set.

No comments: