Thursday, November 20, 2008

Check This Out x2

#1 Check This Out

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,377421,00.html

It's an article about a new Beer Pong game for the Wii. I guess people are all up in arms about it because it only got a "T" rating and it encourages drinking. Well, duh. And the article itself is pretty funny and entertaining.

Things I noted while reading this article (possible spoiler, but whatever, read the article first then):

- The game is entitled, "Frat Party Games: Beer Pong." You won't ever find me at a frat party playing beer pong. Or at a frat party. Maybe at a phat party. Boom!!

- Check out the YouTube video link. Do you see any "T" for Teens? I didn't, but I did see a lot of "T" for Tools and one "O" for Old Outta Place Guy.

- The Vice President for JV Games, the developer of "Beer Pong," is named Jag Jaeger. Ironically awesome.

- I can win $50,000 playing beer pong. Partner anyone?

-
The ratings board president said, "three 'specially trained, adult raters' with no ties to the industry reviewed the game and recommended the "T" rating." Video game raters not tied to the video game industry?! Not the first oxymoronic comment I've heard a president make.

- I learned I could make it through a FOX News article without scratching out my eyes.

#2 Check This Out

http://www.madtownmunchies.com/

Strictly for all you Madisonian's comes the greatest delivery service yet. Go to the website, order online, and a bike delivery person will show up with your goodies in 30 minutes or less! Order everything from frozen pizzas and ice cream to condiments and cigs. And they're open late; til 4 am on the weekends. You can even rent DVDs. And get this...when you're done watching the DVD you just throw it away! Apparently, the DVDs are encrypted with this special film so after you open the package they can be played for only two days. After that time the film gets all skibbidy-jibbidied and won't play anymore. So, you just throw it away (actually, they suggest you recycle). Crazy Ish!

Anyways, if you're in the downtown area, hit 'em up. I know from experience they're 2 legit 2 quit.

5 thousand!


1 comment:

Big Tasty said...

Great post. I am a big fan of video games, but never understood why anyone would want to buy a video drinking game when you can turn any game into a drinking game. My buddy Aaron and I had a good one for Mario Kart in which any time you lost a race you had to take a shot of Rumple Minz. We would go through all the cups and when we were down we were completely and totally fucked up! Beer pong is a boring as game, never really enjoyed it in fact I know why they rated it teen, it is probably because only teens will be buying it. Seems smart to me.

As for the convenient store delivery all I can say is about time. I remember when I was in college and I wanted smokes late night I had to either walk 10 blocks to Open Pantry, or call Jimmy Johns and talk one of the drivers into delivering them which usually cost a pretty penny. I can just imagine some of the conversations that the guys that work there have.

"Hello how may I help you?"

"Um I met this babe at the bar, and I think she wants to fuck me. Acually I am sure she wants to fuck me, she just rimmed me while going down. You think you can deliver your boy some condoms?"

"Sure thing brah, whatcha need?"

(In a very loud voice)
"Magnums of course, and why dont you throw a pack smokes in, for the lady. She is going to need one. What? you are all out of Magnums? (winks), well give me one of your assortment packs, I guess I will have to pull out when it breaks, right babe? hahahahahahahaha"

"So one pack of slim fits and one pack of virginia slims, got it. See you in 25 minutes or so."

(Quiet voice with hand over the phone)
"Dude, forget the condoms, I just wanted to show her that I care about her, cant get em prego when you bust on her face, right? You better make it a pack of lucky strikes though. I dont this this fatty will smoke anything with slim in the title. Thanks"

"Sure thing, I guess you want a paper bag as well then."

"hahahahahahahah"

"hahahahaahhahaha"

(Hangs up phone)

Man I hope this thing catches on!