Monday, November 10, 2008

My son threw up in my ear...


So, as the title will notify the reader, I'm bringing a little different perspective to the blog. C-Weed and Big Tasty are just starting on their journeys from wild animal to lapdog. I am much further along. Yip! Yip!

Like most of you, I have probably vomited from drinking too much about 300 times, but none of those 300 happened in the past 3 years. I have only "been with" one woman in the past nine years or so. I have a career, a wife, a house, a mortgage, an SUV and a really awesome little boy, who will be 3 months old this week.

The vomit in my life these days does not reek of whiskey and chicken wings, nor does it splatter on the sidewalk by the dumpster. No, all of the vomit in my new life comes from my son, it smells like sour milk and it lands on my shirt, on his clothes, on the couch, etc.

The other night, I was lying on the couch on my back watching True Blood. My son was sitting on my chest and smiling away. I raised him up over my head, or performed a "baby press" as I call it. I turned my head to my left to look at the television and the little guy chirped right into my ear. I do not mean on the side of my head. I do not mean a little fell on my big Alfred E. Nueman ear flap. I mean that vomit flowed into my ear canal and it sounded like I was in the shower. Let's just say it required half a package of Q-Tips and a shower.

So, that is a small part of that to which you may look forward. Still, who could be mad at this little guy? I'm sure he didn't mean it.

2 comments:

Big Tasty said...

Timmmay allow me to give you a big deal with it welcome. Glad to have you as a contribuitor and I cant wait to here about life as a family man. Although not that exciting to some, as C$$$ and I transition to this lap dog stage as you so kindly described, we will be looking for anything to get us excited to wake to another day of the same. How does that saying go? Each day is better than the next? Well if you arent living proof of that...Anyways your son is the cutest child i have ever seen and yes I am bias, but damn. Looking at the picture makes me want to stop dotting the eyes and leaving it in once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Timmmay solid post, it was a gut wrencher. I think you're just what DWI needed to freshen this blog up a bit as I noticed C$$$'s and Tasty's posts have become a bit more speradic (which I can't blame them, persistent bloggings gotta be a lot of work) and I am left with disappointment as I sit on the shitter every morning at work at 8:00 AM sharp. Keep up the good work!