Friday, July 24, 2009

I Would Fellate The Inventor of Netflix

Well it has taken me about five years to hop on board but I have so in a big way. I am not sure what the last straw was but I think it was the $7.50 I paid for a New Release a couple weeks ago at Blockbuster which turned into $10 when I failed to bring it back on time. In the old days I would never return movies and go get another card at another movie store. Fuck paying late fees, now they have your card and charge you a BS restocking fee. I then would typically go to family video where they do not make you pay your late fees to rent movies. Or if I had a late fee and I knew this I would use my buddies phone number and information (sorry Jake). However Family video has a poor selection and most of the time the movie you want is gone, unless you want to watch something that came out three years ago. So I figured it was time for a change. I cannot believe how fucking amazing Netflix is. I am on the two movies at a time plan and I already had one lost in shipping, but still I get movies within a few days, watch them when I want to watch them and send them back. In a couple days two more movies appear. What is great is with an Xbox live account, you can add movies to your instant queue and stream them live on your xbox. So for 70% of the movies and television shows I want to watch I don't even need to fucking walk to the mailbox. How tits is that? I have to say what the fuck was I thinking, waiting for this long. Netflix has revolutionized the way I watch television. In fact if the Brewers aren't playing the TV is only used to broadcast my netflix movies or television shows.

In the past 3 weeks I have watched.

- The first two seasons of Weeds
- The first season of the Tudors
- The first two season of 30 rock
- The first season of Madmen
- The first season of The Wire
- and a shit ton of movies i have been wanting to see

I plan on giving some reviews later, right now I would rank them.

1. The Wire
2. Madmen
3. Tudors
4. Weeds
5. 30 Rock

Anyways if there was anyone dumb enough to still be using Blockbuster or any other video store for anything but video games, like I was, get you ass online and sign up for Netflix. You will not regret it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 2nd season of Mad Men rocks my sock off and the new season starts August 16th! Can't Wait!!! Plus they're doing a promotion w/ Banana Republic for someone to get a small extra role on the show and win a $1000 gift card to Banana! BONER!!!! http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/

Timmay said...

Love Netflix, been on for about 5 years, and I don't even have the Xbox angle to work. We pay for 3 at a time, and unless you fuck it up yourself, you always have something new to watch.

We just finished the 2nd season of the Wire, probably the best cop show ever.

Kierstin said...

Just enjoying watching 'your' shows and movies now.....because it won't be long before it's Elmo or Dora or some DAMN Disney movie!

Timmay said...

By the way, in reference to title of your post, I invented Netflix.

Big Tasty said...

Kierstin,

I know it is going to be tough watching all the disney stuff, but I stay up late so hopefully I will be able to catch some of the adult prgramming I love so much.