Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Is This Rascist?


So a German frozen food chain just unveiled there new line of frozen fried chicken fingers. Yep and you guessed they are called Obama Fingers. The link can be found here. Personally, I never understood the following stereotype: Black people love fried chicken. Who does not love fried chicken. I think that is one food every single person likes despite race. Thats kind of like saying white people love there vanilla ice cream. I always find stereotypes funny. To me stereotypes exist to group people together. However I am not sure if they are needed for anything more than comic relief. Do I really need to know the one thing that all white, black, or asian have in common? No because there is nothing that they all have in common. Yes there are african americans in this country who dont wear gold chains, there are asians that dont eat rice for every meal, there has to be some jews that arent good with money, and I am sure there a few white people that wont shop at the Gap or Old Navy. I am not sure how anyone can be offended by a stereotype, because to me they are completely absurd and comical. Do you agree/disagree?

3 comments:

Timmay said...

Chappelle's opinion:

Genetically predisposed

Mary said...

I don't think many people would want to eat his fingers.

Anonymous said...

Check out this one from Russia: http://adsoftheworld.com/media/print/duet_icecream_obama