Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Update

So this weekend was one of the crazier ones in recent memory. Three of my friends share a birthday (well three days within one another) and they decided to get a bus to the Dells to celebrate. I usually do not get too excited for trips to the Dells because I usually spend to much money and do not have enough fun. Well that is not completely true (see "She Ate it" story) But the dells is a place that gets way to hyped up. My favorite memories involved me screaming on a chair with a huge needle being pierced through my nipple. That was not fun. However this trip was amazing. My brother probably had more fun than anyone, but I doubt he would like his exploits explained on here. Lets just say that him and I are bearing a closer resemblence these days. Especially the fact that we both love turning the world into our personal bathroom when we have had too much to drink. What we dont realize is pissing wherever the fuck we feel like is offensive to many. Much unlike me however is the fact that he becomes very destructive when he drinks, and I was forced to keep an eye on him before he pissed off some locals. Although we probably came very close to a complete brawl, we left the dells unscathed. The bus driver was nice enough to drop me off at home but we didnt go to bed. We continued to party until close to 430. Not really that smart when you are planning a major construction project at your house the next day. My buddy Jon woke me up at 8 ready to get started. I didnt fully wake up until about 9 but i knew my day is going to be a nightmare.

The construction project i am talking about is one I have been planning for nearly a year now, but havent been able to muster up the ambition to get started. Quite simply because putting in a sump pump and a drainage system in your basement is not very easy work. To make matters worse my back has been acting up lately. To give you a little "back" story, I have twice broken vertebraes in my back and twice have had neck injuries. These all can be traced back to my high school sports days. I remember going in for an MRI my senior year and the Dr telling me I had the spine of an 80 year old man. No more football for me. For the last 8 years I havent really had any problems, however I do once in a while become very stiff, and it makes projects like the one mentioned above, that more of a chore. Anyways we rented a saw and we needed to get this concrete cut and busted out so thats what we did. Because of our full day or work on saturday I was really unable to move at all on Saturday night. I was in bed by 12 oclock the earliest i recall going to bed on a Saturday in probably over 10 years. The back was feeling much better on Sunday and with the help of one of my roommates, Jake you are a life saver, we were able to finish the cutting we needed to do. We were also able to get most of the concrete busted out. This process is not a very fun one and can be traced back to the early Egyptians. Sledge hammer and chisel is about all you can do. Now the fun really begins as we have to get all that concrete and about 3 feet of dirt out of the house. Still the project is off to a good start and we hope to have the concrete out of the basement by saturday afernoon.

That is good because this Saturday is the bowling tournament in which Matt Browne died, and his good friend Dr Cream Jeans was born. I do not think it is possible to top our showing from last year, but we are damn well going to try. The problem is bowling has always been one of those things that is bad on my back, so I may have to withdraw do to injury, but I gurantee you the spirit of the Dr. will be there. I plan on getting into some whisky as soon as the last bit of crete is hauled out and all I can say is look out. Do I think we can win this tournament? No, not a chance in hell, but I do think I can ensure this will be the last bowling tournament I ever will be attending. Stay tuned...

No comments: