Thursday, August 23, 2007

Breaking my Silence

It has been nearly a week since my last post so I figured I would spew something, even though I have little to report. This week has been a bitch, work has been very busy and every night I get to come home to a little more water seeping into my basement. So I get to deal with that along with that great smell that wet carpet has. Man, have I been having a good time. Luckily the old man has been there to save yet again. I really would be lost without my father he really has the answers to pretty much all my problems, I guess that can be a good and a bad thing. However he has helped me out a ton. Last weekend was our annual trip to apple river, the weather absolutely sucked but the trip was memorable. We got up there friday, around 6 pm, we made it despite the best effort of the Tri-pod to slow us down. We partied hard on Friday, I believe there was like 30 of us up there. Saturday the rain started coming down, and after about 6 breakfast beers some of us had enough courage to man the river. I dont remember much of the tube ride, except there were two boxes of wine and a whole lot of buttershots. We lost one to early signs of hypothermia. Yes, it was very cold, I think everyone turned a little purple, but Lauer had about another half an hour on the river before med flight was going to have to come get him. After getting off the river, I had half of a dairy queen blizzard and headed back to camp. I went to wake up my buddy Benesch, and he was sleeping in an inch of water. I made the executive decision that we would pack up camp and head for the hills. I didnt bring a tent, and the four of us passed out in my car just didnt appeal to me. We made her home around 1030 and chilled for the rest of the evening. Sunday was spent fighting water, apparently digging big holes in your back yard is not the best way to stop flooding. The pile of dirt for one acts as a sponge for rain, and the hole, is a great place for water to pool. Well lesson learned, I really wish I would have given my neighbor the grand he wanted to pour that patio. If I need to replace the carpet that will be looking like a steal. This weekend should be a lot of fun. Friday I have tickets to Rage Against the Machines, to be honest I am familiar with there music and I like a lot of there songs, but I dont really know much about the band. I am going just because I really enjoy a good concert. Well that and the fact that my roommate Jake absolutely loves Rage, and will not be able to make it do to the fact that he has a rehearsal dinner to attend. Jake, I will be thinking of you as I stuff my face with those special pastries, and rock out to your favorite band. Saturday, my cousin Tim and his wife Catherine are having a little house warming party. Should be a blast, well I am hoping I am skipping a friends wedding to attend. Saturday night, my broseph is having a little back to school party. I am thinking about going as the 3rd year trasfer student from Madison. Yeah on a track scholarship. Should be gold, if not we will hit up some of the local establishments. Just a little reminder, the Badger home opener is a week away, and that means one thing, TAILGATE SEASON! Well it will be hard to top last season, but I am planning on giving it my best effort. I have been planning a little top ten tailgate memories, for the kick off of the season so stay tuned next week for that. Unfortunately I am missing out on the first game because I am going to a wedding, but it is a long season and the true tailgates dont start, until the big ten opener. Tim, make sure you have plenty of box wine, and Catherine I promise this semester will be different.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can all the box wine your bitch-ass desires, you just aren't getting in my ride after the party.

Deal with it.