Friday, August 3, 2007

Weekend

Well I just picked up my Tux for the wedding I am in this weekend, I was also instructed on some of the duties of the usher, which I was unaware of, namely picking up the booze for the wedding party. Well with 9 guys in the wedding, and yes I think it is safe to assume I was #9 on the list, we are going to need a lot of beer. I was told to start with 6 cases. So as you can imagine I am sure I am going to be a mess at this reception. With four ushers, I doubt I will have to do much, so I am going to focus, on making sure everyone is enjoying the moment, something I am very good at. I asked around how much I should give for a gift and the going rate seems to $100 so I just wrote my check for $101. I learned this trick from my uncle Al, who always made me open up my cards from my other uncle Bruce first, so he coud write his check for a dollar more. Hey its the thought that counts right? Anyways the tuxedos are pimp and I am flying solo to the wedding so I hope I can close the deal on some babe who is wondering when her day is coming. Surely I can make all of her dreams not come true. I am really excited though, to dress up and do the whole wedding thing. My friends are starting to go down fast, and I think moments like these will be etched into memory for ever. So I hope to report Monday, of a crazy weekend, which hopefully ends with a successful a-bar at 46 Tower Drive.

No comments: