Tuesday, February 20, 2007

DVD Rental Day: Christopher Walken

Last week I was watching star wars and was wondering if Mark Hamill had done any other movies. When I looked him up I found an interesting tidbit that Chris Walken was one of the finalist to play Han Solo. I think he would have been great in that role and it probably would have led to a different career for him. I have enjoyed many roles that he has played and I would like to share a few that I really enjoyed.

Suicide Kings: This movie is about a group of kids that kidnap a mob boss as ransom in order to get there kidnapped friend back. Walken plays the smart, comical mob boss and the dialogue of his character is very good. I always enjoy Walken monologues and dialogues because he delivers better than almost anyone. This movie has some twists and some good smaller performances by Jay Mohr and Dennis Leary.

Last Man Standing: In this movie Walken plays a villain opposite Bruce Willis. This is a really entertaining action movie that takes place as a Western even though it is supposed to be set sometime during the early to mid 1900s. I think Walken should definately take more movies where he is a villain.

Joe Dirt: Again Walken is not a leading role, but I believe he takes this movie from being ok to being really funny. Walken plays a janitor at a school, but he is only doing this as part of his witness protection. He delivers the same comedic genious that you often see when he is on SNL and I believe is one of the most underrated comedic actors that is out there.

No comments: