Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Update: Ohio Trip and 4th of July Trip

As I mentioned last week, I was gone for the weekend in the Buckeye state visiting some relatives. I scheduled the trip for that weekend because I knew it would be a nice relaxing trip in between the two craziest weekends of the summer, Marshall Fest and our annually trip to up north for the 4th of July. I went to Ohio with my mom and my girlfriend and it was just as I hoped, a nice, cheap, peaceful weekend. I read two books, got as much sun as I could handle (90 degrees in Columbus), ate like a fucking pig, and visited with family. Pretty much a perfect vaca. The only thing that blew was a 10 hour ride home that had us stuck in traffic in the very beautiful Chicago Metropolitan area.

Anyways, I got back late Sunday and moved some things upstairs to my new room, and tried to wind down after that long ride. I have a lot of shit to get done this week, as I am moving, getting all the food for the trip, trying to fing some time for a buddy that is back from AZ, taking care of the lawn, and catching up at work from the two days I missed last week. I hope that since i am busy the week will fly by, because this is my favorite weekend of the summer each year. 3 days of craziness, in which you never can believe what happens next. Whether it be roman candles shooting at your dome, running from the cops in a paddle boat, shot after shot of wild turkey, gambling, dirty rip clubs, bathing the whale at the lake, you just cant beat a trip to northern wisconsin with 8 of your closest friends. Anyways I probably will be on sparingly the rest of the week, but I should have some great stories to tell when I get back.

No comments: