Friday, December 12, 2008

Alternative Christmas Music

Don't get me wrong, I love a good Christmas carol on Christmas Eve while sitting by a crackling fire, admiring the Christmas tree, which is lit up like - well - a Christmas tree. Give me Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, give me Johnny Cash singing Little Drummer Boy. Despite my bastard exterior, I had a childhood, too.

Still, What I find nauseating is those same songs played over and over and over again on a continuous loop in every store beginning the day after Halloween and continuing through to Easter. Enough already, you evil green and red money warriors for Satan!!!

Now, certainly there is a warm, loving tone to a family Christmas get-together, but let's face it. The reality is that being around your family for too many hours in a row - especially at the holidays when the pressure is on for everything to be perfect - can drive you crazy. Fortunately, there are some Christmas songs out there that also express the other side of Christmas: the irritation, the hate, the greed, the alcoholism, etc. That's just me. Fair and balanced. Both sides of the issue.

From the bottom of my heart, Merry Christmas, Douchebags!!!

Happy Holidays, You Bastard
by Blink-182



Things I Want
Tenacious D and Sum 41



Merry Christmas (I Don't Wanna Fight Tonight)
The Ramones

<

Ho, Ho, Fucking Ho!
Monty Python




Suck On My Cock
Unknown

Okay, not really about Christmas, but this one will change the way you listen to this Christmas classic for the rest of your life.

1 comment:

Big Tasty said...

Great post TK. It kind of reminds me of my favorite xmas cd of all time. Death Row Records came out with this cd and on it had these two songs below.

"Merry Muthafucking Xmas" - Eazy-E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQWLrnzhCWQ

"Santa Claus Goes Straight to the Ghetto"- Snoop Dogg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQfSIZiv8q4