Thursday, December 4, 2008

Am I Getting Soft?

I know what you are thinking, Tasty, you have always been soft. A cross between the Michelin man and State Puff, but I did something today that makes the old Browne seem hard in comparison. This morning I was offered Badger tickets for Saturdays game. This is not an ordinary game, they play against there arch rivals, the Golden Eagles of Marquette. You have to understand I cannot stand Marquette, I know it is only because I am a Badger fan, but it also stems to a lot of people that i have met that went to Marquette feeling like they are better than the lovable cross town losers who graduated from lowly UW-M. That being Milwaukee and not Madison, for you out of towners. There is nothing I enjoy more than watching my beloved Badgers beat the Eagles. However I will not be attending the game this year. My girlfriend and I had made some plans to attend a Holiday party on Saturday and although she said I could go to the game, I politely declined the tickets and decided I will live up to my word and go to the party with her.

Now for most of you are probably thinking big fucking deal, that is hardly post worthy. Well maybe you are right, but to me this is a pretty big deal, because I often do not put anybody or anything ahead of doing that which makes me happy, and I consider it one of my biggest character flaws. I just love having fun, and some times I realize that comes between myself and some of the people closest to me. Going to the game on Saturday would have made me extremely happy, but I just could not back out of my plans with the girl friend. Call me a fag, call me a pussy, but I am actually pretty damn happy just hanging with her. Lets just say I could not see myself making the same decision last year at this time. (By the way the Marquette vs Badger game last year was probably one of the top five days I had all of last year, Timmmaaay I am sure would second that). I guess the point of this story is sometimes you have to give up what is special to you in order to show how special someone is to you. It took me a long time to realize that, and if the Badger game is a great one I probably will wish it took me longer to realize. Still, I at least will be with someone that means more to me than a Badger game, and with me that is saying something.

12 comments:

Timmay said...

Last year was wicked, Homes. Imagine if the Badgers had managed to win that game.

However, the only thing truly douchey about your move was failing to seize the tickets and pass them along to your cousin.

Anonymous said...

No one's going to call you a fag or a pussy big taste, I think you were right with your first nickname's, The Michelin Man and State Puff, I'm pretty sure they don't have any balls either.

CC

Big Tasty said...

TK, if I could have gotten you the tickets I would have, but 2 other people wanted them so I had to pass.

Harps said...

like the move kid, easy for me to say cause i hate both teams and would rather watch crum and morf play golden tee which i have seen and it is not good in any way HA j/k cookie, but yeah take it from me i tend to do a lot of things for the one i love and yeah sometimes that is blind and you make mistakes but your friends will still be there and other times it pays off in fantastic ways. Live the day kid and no regrets in life

Anonymous said...

You are such a girl.

Big Tasty said...

First of all Harper that was deep, you must have gotten a few extra fortune cookies from Chiang Xiang last night. Mean Beav, I thought you would back me on this one, with you being one of the few female readers we have. I would like to point out that my girlfriend gave me the green light, and said I could do whatever I wanted, and that only made me want to spend the day with her more. So yes, I am a girl.

Anonymous said...

No, it is nice that you are going to spend time with her rather than go to the game. It's just funny b/c I am usually happy to have "away time." In fact, my xmas party is tomorrow and I am thinking of going solo, but with some work friends. Just different perspectives...

Timmay said...

Look, I know this wasn't a nit-picky blog before I arrived, but fuck it, I can't take it.

It's Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. Granted, you fuckers were like -8 years old when that movie came out.

http://www.oldfishandlemonade.com/pix/staypuft.jpg

C-Weed said...

Since I was 8 years old I could of swore it was State Puff Marshmallow Man, huh, I feel a little less whole now. Thanks a lot fuck face!

Timmay said...

What the fuck is State Puff? Stay Puft marshmallows at least makes sense. They are puffed, they fucking stay puffed. That's desirable in a marshmallow.

State Puff sounds like a communist marshmallow, produced when the state seizes the means of production and then rations the marshmallows out to the masses according to some bullshit concept of fairness. Who wants that?

Unknown said...

Know exactly what you mean man. It's a tuff realization to swallow at times but I'm confident it'll pay big in the end. Lookin' forward to kickin' on Saturday!

huh said...

Harper, you're still alive?? Kidding.