Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday Recap

Well it has been a long time since I last posted, and I cant say I have been that busy, just away from a computer. The holidays for me typically are a time where everyone is happy and I am usually a depressed piece of shit, that only finds the negatives with everything. The holidays can bring the worst out in people and because of this I have grown to hate them, but this year has been suprisingly good. This is the first Xmas in a few years in which I have a woman in my life, so I had twice as many xmas' as I typically would. I figured this would anger me considerably, but all of them were painless and I actually really enjoyed spending time with my girlfriends family. My immediate family celebrates xmas on the 24th and we had quite the spread. I made pasta, aspargus, and a salad, and my dad grilled lobster, shrimp, and scallops. I personally downed probably 2 lbs of seafood and we still had plenty of leftovers. We always eat like kings at xmas. Then we shared gifts and I was spoiled once again. My mom got me a great gift. She got me tickets to see Jerry Seinfeld at the Overture center on Friday night. I am very excited to go see him, and also try at the restaurant at the Overture which I hear is amazing. My girl friend probably stole the best gift award as she got me a watch that is much to nice for these chubby wrists, but I like it very much. I kind of feel bad that I just got her an Ipod, so I am going to have to do something to make up for it. Other than that it was just nice to be with family, and hanging out with my brother, who I hadnt seen in a while.

This week should be pretty damn slow at work. The construction business really slows down this time of year, and when you mix in a bad economy and we are really slow. Relief is in site as we have a few nice projects getting started but, right now we are just doing inventory and that type of thing. I am actually moving offices so I am just packing stuff up this week.

Oh yes NYE is upon us and hopefully it ends up much better than NYE past. I always get my hopes up about how much fun I am going ot have and then am dissapointed when i get in a fight, have to deal with large crowds, and basically just put up with how retarded celebrating a ball drop really is. It is a new year, big fucking deal. It is a time for everyone to start something they will inevitable quit 2 months down the road. I used to have this saying a new year a new beginning, because each year I could start being a good person again after things get pretty bad towards the end of each year previous. Well this year should be no different as I am going to get some clinical help for my tobacco addiction as I just didnt have the will to quit on my own. Anyways I dont want to get into a New Years post, I just wanted to say that I will be going out in Milwaukee with about 50 of my closest friends, so dont see how this could be a bad NYE. We will be tearing up Karma from 8 to 1 and then lord knows where. If anyone has some sleeping space avaialable that night let me know! Anyways I hope everyone had a wonderful xmas break and I wish every one a happy new beginning.

No comments: