Friday, January 26, 2007

Another movie

I am sure most of you could give two shits about my movie reviews but I enjoy talking about movies I have just seen and it is my blog. First of all I would like to thank C$$ for taking me too a movie last night that was very big of him and I really enjoyed him sneaking in whiskey to mix with his 64 oz beverage. We went to see the highly proclaimed Babel and although I liked it the Director seemed to ambitious with this story as it doesnt come together nearly as well as his prior two movies, Amorres Perros and 21 Grams. Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett are good but they are on screen for all of 45 minutes and I actually think in this case big named actors and actresses actually take away from the story. I think Pitt has actually gotten to a point where his stardom has far trumped his acting ability. He was strong in this role though. I think what I enjoyed most was the look of the film and a peak into some walks of life that you just do not see very often. My reccomendation is wait to rent it but in the meantime pick up Alejandro González Iñárritu's other two movies and see how talented this guy is. This is supposedly the last of a trilogy of this storyline so I will be interested to see where he goes from here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would like to add that brad pitt looks like he is about 60 years old, and i dont think make-up was applied. he is old i and i am tired of him, especially if he wins an academy award for this movie. 45 minutes doesnt warrant that prestigous of an award. OUT!

Big Tasty said...

I agree I loved him for roles in River Runs Through It, Fight Club, Snatch, and Seven but I dont think he is as good of an actor as the hype will lead you to believe. I mean if you are a guy and dont think you wouldnt trade places with him in a minute than you are a fucking liar. However, I think he is a notch below the likes Damon, DiCaprio, Depp, Hanks, Crowe, and Denzel. I would group him with Owen, Fox, Kilmer, Farrell, and Norton or guys that you like in movies and can play a great lead but arent good enough for the academy award. I know Fox won one but I thought that was bullshit. Oh I am a blind singer with a drug problem look at me. Who gives a shit.