Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Need Your Help

One of my New Years resolutions is to read ten books this year. That would be ten more than i read last year unless you count the school books. So I would like to compile a list of things to read for 07'. I plan on reading some of the classics that I missed out on in high school, but would like some newer stuff also. I enjoy fiction (suspense, science, murder mysteries), autobiographies, graphic novels, and non-fiction history type books. So far all I have on my list are some literary classics.

Autobiographies
Ben Franklin
Frederick Douglass

Fiction
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Heart of Darkness

Graphic Novel
300

I know this is a pretty weak list and before I start reading some of the books that I have already read i would like some new ones so please lend a hand and give me some good books that I may enjoy. I will pass on a review of each of these books when I finish. I think 300 will be my first one before the movie comes out. It is by Frank Miller the guy who wrote Sin City and directed Robo Cop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. The Carbohydrate Addict's Program for Success

2. Love First: A New Approach to Intervention for Alcoholism and Drug Addiction

3. Zorro, the Gay Blade

4. Gay and Single...Forever?: 10 Things Every Gay Guy Looking for Love (and Not Finding It) Needs to Know (Paperback)

5. hy Do Men Fall Asleep After Sex?: More Questions You'd Only Ask a Doctor After Your Third Whiskey Sour

These are all real books and i think you should check them out. From reading your blogs for the past few months, these literary thrillers should really hit home. I will be on the edge of my mouse anxiously awaiting a review. Cheerio duesch bag!

Big Tasty said...

Well C$$$ I hope I can find these self-help books at my local library. Well if you have returned them yet. I appreciate the feedback nonetheless and i will fill you in with a detailed review of these texts.

Anonymous said...

-If you liked the DaVinci Code movie, then you should read "Angels & Demons" by Dan Brown, who also wrote the Da Vinci Code. It is a very similar storyline, but a good book.
-Also, I like Sidney Sheldon's books a lot. If you like murder mystery/suspense stuff. The last one I read was "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" I finished it in 2 days because I couldn't put it down.

I have both of these books somewhere if you would like to borrow them. :)