Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Brewers Sign Eric Gagne



Over the weekend the Milwaukee Brewers signed former Cy Young RP Eric Gagne to a year 10 million dollar deal. At first look it seems like a lot of money but this move comes with out much risk as few players sign 1 year deals. Gagne stunk with Boston but pitched very well last year with the Rangers. He is an injury risk, but like I said I feel more comfortable with 1 year of Gagne at 10 mil than I do 4 years of Cordero at 12 mil. This one has much less risk as far as I am concerned. The Brewers seemed poise to make another move. Currently the Brewers have Sheets, Yo, Suppan, Cappy, Bush, Villanueva, Vargas, Parra, Torres, Wise, Turnbow, Gagne, Aquino, Stetter, Mota, McClung, and Shouse. That is 17 pitchers for most likely 12 spots. One name I keep hearing and like a lot as a platoon option with Joe Dillon at 3rd base is Hank Blalock . I think that could be a nice fit, he hits left handed and plays good defense. We would improve the team a lot without giving up any of our young cheap players.

No comments: