Thursday, December 20, 2007

Holding up my end of the deal





So when I graciously agreed to become a part of DWI, I wanted to bring something a little different to the table. I am huge fan of art and everything design. whether it be fine art, great architecture, simple industrial design, a clever ad, great typography or a great Camel Light art pack. I can really appreciate educated design decisions and great use of color. For all of you out there that don't know me very well, I graduated from the University of Stevens Point with a Bachelor of Fine Arts with an emphasis in Graphic Design in 04'. So I guess that means I am supposed to know what I am talking about when it comes to art. Well I like to think I do, but the truth is I just really love art and everything that comes with it. I am a full time Graphic Designer for Moose Racing. Moose is a Motor Cross and ATV racing and parts company. And no I cant get you free shit, so don't even ask. Anyway before this post gets to long winded. My job requires that I be on the cutting edge of whats fresh in design and pop culture. So in my spare time I am always searching on the internet for inspiration or new techniques. I come across some really amazing artist sites, tutorial sites and just down right amazing web sites. So I am going to be posting links and pictures of artist I admire and am pretty much just am jealous of. I guess my goal is to expose people to new stuff that they might other wise never see or really appreciate the craft.
My first artist I want you to take a look at is an illustrator named Josh Smith. He ownes and runs Hydro Seventy Four. I think he is from Orlando, but he is one the sickest designers I have come across thus far. His illustrations are full of detail and imagination. His typographic treatments are fresh and carry many different techniques. His clients range from Nike to Etnies to Def Jam records. He is truly an inspiration to me and I can only hope that one day I can nibble on the finger nail that is his genius!
hydro74.com


Maybe I will post some of my work some time...if you even give a shit or ask nicely.
If people want more of these types of post than tell us via the comments section. Also I don't know if there are any designers that read our blog but if you want I can post links to really helpful and insightful photoshop and illustrator tutorials. Just post to the comments section and woolah I will! Or if you just want to tell me how handsome and hilarious I am then that is welcomed as well.

1 comment:

Big Tasty said...

That whole page is pretty sweet. I am only guessing that designing those takes 100 of hours. I cannot imagine that, I have never created anything, that I am aware of. That side of my brain does not function properly. You should post some of your work, I am sure our readers would love to see it.