Monday, December 3, 2007

Weekend

Thoughts from the weekend-

- Porta salad from Paisans is the best salad money can buy.

- I am a much better poker player playing with other peoples money, yet I still only finished a little better than half, in a field of 18. I really only made one bad call, unfortunately it cost me 90% of my stack.

- Cannery Bar and Grill seems to be a cougar hangout and i think we have found a new spot to not pickup chicks. Every other bar in SP, sucks. Well I still enjoy the B.A. and Toot's, but only once a month.

- Umm definately wasnt ready for 6" of snow. I really want a snow blower for xmas.

- Went to a wonderful wedding on Saturday for a friend of mine in high school. A few things from the wedding. First of all the glass work at the Overture, is amazing. I am giving Lake City a pat on the back. I would rate the scenary at the wedding a ten. I dont remember ever being at a single place with that many hotties, let me rephrase that. The ratio of hotties to bums was the highest i had ever seen. I still went home solo. Great speech by the brides father a little excerpt from the first lord of the rings book. That really got me pumped up for the rest of the night. I will be playing lounge music at my wedding, talk about setting the mood. They served free martinis for cocktail hour, I probably had ten. Yeah not the best idea, i have ever had as I puked at 12 after getting kicked out of a few bars with Mikey Broomstick. Not sure what happened to him, but I hopped a cab and went home.

- I think on average I consume probably 4000 calories on Sundays. Diet consists of fried food, more fried food, an occasional dip or cheese spread, topped with some sort of ice cream. To understand this routine you have to understand that weed is my cure for the hangover.

- The BCS blows. I wanted an LSU v Oklahoma for the final. I am not really dissapointed the OSU is in, but how bad did Mizzou get hosed. Finish number 6 in the BCS ahead of Hawaii and Kansas. There only two losses came to a team ranked higher than them. The just beat Kansas last week, yet they are not in a BCS game and Kansas is. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

- I cannot believe that I actually made the playoffs in fantasy football. I am consistently the worst fantasy football owner year in and year out, in one of my leagues this year I held off the defending champ and took the last playoff spot. The slipper still fits.

- I love the baseball hot stove season, and I am hearing a lot of rumblings that the crew may move Ben Sheets, and possibly move Capuano for Scott Rolen. This move would move Braun to the outfield where he wouldnt be such a butcher. I have much faith in Doug Melvin, but his last couple deals are head scratchers. Linebrink for three solid prospects (I understand we got a draft pick when Linebrink left offsetting the prospects a little but I still dont like the trade) and also the Doug Davis for Johnny Estrada and Vargas deal, we basically just gave away Estrada for a bag of batting practice balls. Davis though unspectatular, could really net us a nice player in the off-season with virtually no pitching available to sign. Still he did assemble a really nice team so I will not judge by these last two deals.

- Making the reservation for our xmas dinner this week, so if you are interested, in doing the prime quarter dec 22nd let me know by wednesday.

No comments: