Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Update

It has been a little while since I have posted any sort of update about myself so I will do so today. The holidays are coming up quickly, and let me tell you I am an absolute Grinch. I love family more than anything but I hate the Xmas Holiday. I dont know what it is, it could be the weather, I am always sick this time of year, this year being no different. I think Xmas brings out the worst in people, you ever go shopping on Xmas Eve? I dont know I just am not into this holiday and I instead of feeling really good about myself, I usually just pig out and feel like shit. New Years is a little different story, usually I do something fun and you have to love that "New Year, New Beginning" attitude that usually shows up. Last year I was very productive for the first 7 months of the year, and the dog days of summer rolled around and getting me to work extra hard was a cod damn chore. This year I am going to try for 8 months of production, man I should of been a teacher.

Enough of my holiday rant, I am excited for my Holiday party this weekend. My good buddy who moved to Houston is back for Xmas and I havent seen him in a while so, I am really looking forward to catching up. We are having a formal party and I love any opportunity to dress up and see everyone looking there best, it seems as if everyone parties a little harder when they know they look good, well at least I do. I am going to buy my first suit since 8th grade graduation tonight, yes I plan on being the dressed guy not to hook up for the party. Still it should be a great time, we are expecting about 40 of our closest friends. It is the Mulhern xmas that day so I am guessing we will have some Irish party crashers as well. That can mean one of two things, a great party is only made better by some real drinkers, or there is going to be a fight. C$$$, remember those good ol days?

Work has been crazy, LCG is reaching some new heights as the year closes. I have heard some rumblings that we did 13 million in sales this year, smashing our previous high set last year of a little over a 11 million. That doesnt mean very much as to the success of our company, but it does explain why I am so cod damn busy. I am currently running 12 projects, two of which are the biggest projects I have ever run. It is hard not to make mistakes when you are that busy and cordinating to keep everyone happy this time of year is difficult. When it is cold everyone wants windows in there building so they can turn the air on, so when that doesnt happen I have a pissed of G.C. calling me cursing my name. It comes with the territory and I am glad it is like this. I would much rather be under the gun all the time then have nothing to do. There appears to be no end in sight either, as in the past two weeks we have sold about 2.5 million dollars worth of work for the upcomming year, giving us a nice backlog.

OK enough of the LCG talk, it has already taken enough of my livelihood. Last weekend I spent in Milwaukee with some buddies from College. My friend Jon is moving to Arizona on the 1st of the year so I was spending some time with him as well as trying to lure a couple of Pony's into our spring break trip. We have a great crew already, but there are two kids out there that could really make this the best trip of my life. They know who they are, and they know how dissapointed I would be if they cannot make it. Anyways, we had a lot of fun getting hammed and catching up. Friday night, I ran into my ex who at last time we had talked called hated me and everything about me. She was actually on a date, but we did get a chance to talk, and she seems to hate me a little less than prior stated. I think we can both move forward as friends, and i am happy for that as I dont like to be hated by anyone. Saturday night I pissed off my friend Mark something fierce by spilling a drink on his carpet, of his apartment, luckily we had some girls there that new a thing or two about being on there knees and that stain was out asap. Mark still sorry about that buddy. We went out to a bar on north and it was just a chill evening. Sunday watched the Pack creep closer to the Superbowl, and I realize I may need to move out of the state if Bret can actually lead them to the promise.

Not much more to update everyone on. The blog is going really well, and going into the new year, C$$ and I are going to try and be more active with our posts, getting a little more personal as well as hopefully putting some smiles on our readers faces. We would love to hear more from the people that read this, TK, keep leading by example, we love your comments, and we love to get bashed, by the people that like us and the haters that may read. I am going to be working on some "top 10 of 07" lists for next week. If anyone has a good list that they would like to see made or has any input let me know.

2 comments:

C-Weed said...

I am dually as excited about this weekend! It is shaping up to be on of the best xmas seasons to date for me at least. First i finally don't have to work on the 26th and we can finally can really go out after the Mulhern Xmas party. The last time that happened we ended up partying with some strippers at the silver eagle and C$ was making the bar jump. That is going down in history as one of the G.O.A.T. xmas's. As far as humbuggin goes. I kinda hear you one that, i used to really enjoy xmas but one of my x-gf's i think ruined iot for me. She used to be so god damn xmassy it made me sick. She even had this car freshener that smelled like santas dick. it was just really annoying and now for some reason the thought of xmas and "everybody loves ramond" really pisses me off, all thanks to her.
I am slowly recovering and starting to like the holidays again we will see how this year goes. looking foward to the bash saturday, should be a good turn out.
ps i am pretty excited about having the first half of xmas at a shitty bowling alley what better way to celebrate the birth of christ.

Big Tasty said...

It should be a great time. I am really hoping that you, Monts, Zirb, Mike, Beth, Drew, Dave, can all make it. I agree the best xmas I remember was that night at the Silver Eagle, when the rippers were out and I was drinking there drinks all night. C$$$ will make you jump jump. One of the best karaoke performances I have ever heard. I just caught word that Grandma was taken by ambulance to the hospital in Madison. It sounds like she is doing better, but I hope she is feeling up to Xmas at the lanes. Should be a great time and I cant wait.